I want some help in my project

First of all i am happy to be with you all, i am a fourth year electrical engineer , me and my friend are planing to work in a project , and its about controlling home electricty whether by computer using a router or my phone, i know it seem a simple project for some of you , but i need some clue about it , and if there is a more interesting project, tell me about it because this is my final project 😁.

Thankyou

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Eng: Not sure where you're stuck. The project looks interesting enough and it all depends on how you implement it and what feature set you decide.
  • eng_SaLoM
    eng_SaLoM
    Thankyou admin for your fast reply ,, well i weill use a modem, a pic , and ofcourse i will need interface between them, ,, what i am asking is where i can find information that will help me in doing this project,, and if there is anything you can give me advice on , i will be thankful.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    eng_SaLoM
    Thankyou admin for your fast reply ,, well i weill use a modem, a pic , and ofcourse i will need interface between them, ,, what i am asking is where i can find information that will help me in doing this project,, and if there is anything you can give me advice on , i will be thankful.
    1) First arrange a PC and Ensure that it has parallel Port. Not Laptop. Ok. PC. New PC will have slots. You can connect a parallel port in slot. If the Slot is not there, you can connect an External one for 7$.

2) Install .Net 2010, if your operating system is Vista 32bit/64 bit or Win7. Else install .Net 2008 for Xp (Sp2 is mandatory)

3) Now parallel port has 8 data pins, 5 control pins. So in a simple way you can control 13 devices efficiently.

4) Hardware Setup.

A relay 6v,Optocoupler, 230 v, and As electrical Engineer you must be knowing how to control the bulb through a relay. Nice Now just connect one pin output from the LPT data port to relay. It can be programatically controlled through a very very very simple program in .Net. you need to download inpout32.dll for xp, and inpout64.dll for vista/win7. You can search for "Parallel Port Programming" + C#.Net + inpout32.dll. You have the program.

5) For controlling Fan, you can have a regulator with each step connected to a relay. Never try for a Heater and Refrigerator!!!!! You can even go for TV on off.

6) Taking the Command

Options: a) Through SMS, GSM
    b) through Bluetooth
    c) Through Internet
    d) Through Voice
    e) Laser Light
    f) TV remote
    g) Telephone

Clarify, what method you are interested on. I will provide the guidelines. Trust me. It is a fab project. I Value the effort more than than anything for evaluating a project. Remember building a Radio by yourself is a better project than purchasing an INR 20,000/- project with RFID, ARM micro controller and so on. This is a work that you can certainly work into.
  • eng_SaLoM
    eng_SaLoM
    Thanx a lot rupam i reallly appreciate it ,, i will start working on it ,,, because its best thing when you do something and u make mistakes and you try it again and again till you manage it and succeed ,, thanx again
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    eng_SaLoM
    Thanx a lot rupam i reallly appreciate it ,, i will start working on it ,,, because its best thing when you do something and u make mistakes and you try it again and again till you manage it and succeed ,, thanx again
    Dear eng_SaLoM, What we achieve is very small , but what we do to achieve that is what is the most interesting part. So dont fear a failure, even a filure will teach you manything. And we are there to guide. Go ahead. I will Guide you in each step. No problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEan MayurPathak celebrates his 300th Birthday today 😁 . Wishing Mayur a very happy and prosperous birthday. PS: Hope to see you active on CE.
LG's announced the PZ850T Pentouch TV - a plasma tv that comes with a stylus-pen that can be used to draw on the TV screen. We don't know what'd be...
HTC RADAR has been announced by HTC - the phone runs Mango operating system (Windows). The phone offers 3.8-inch S-LCD screen with WVGA (800×480) resolution. Under the hood, the HTC...
See this video 😁 [video=youtube;QoG_GyJKVCk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoG_GyJKVCk[/video]
im doing mechanical engineering at present,i wud like to get into the marine engineering field......hence i want to do the 4th year project related to marine engineering.....can somebody suggest me...