i know its an old one but i am always confused about it..

A very simple but confusing puzzle.
A lady buys goods worth Rs.200 from a shop. (shopkeeper is selling the goods with zero profit). The lady gives him Rs.1000 note. The shopkeeper gets the change from the next shop and keeps Rs.200 for himself and returns Rs.800 to the lady. Later the shopkeeper of the next shop comes with the Rs.1000 note saying “duplicate” and takes his money back.
How much LOSS did the shopkeeper face?

Replies

• priyank bhardwaj
    priyank bhardwaj
    Danish shah
    A very simple but confusing puzzle.
    A lady buys goods worth Rs.200 from a shop. (shopkeeper is selling the goods with zero profit). The lady gives him Rs.1000 note. The shopkeeper gets the change from the next shop and keeps Rs.200 for himself and returns Rs.800 to the lady. Later the shopkeeper of the next shop comes with the Rs.1000 note saying “duplicate” and takes his money back.
    How much LOSS did the shopkeeper face?
    2000?
  • Danish shah
    Danish shah
    priyank bhardwaj
    2000?
    actually i m bit confused with 2 answers...
  • WARDHAMAN BEDMUTHA
    WARDHAMAN BEDMUTHA
    Loss : 1800

1.lady got -1000(fake to worth)+ 800+200 worth product with her=2000 profit
    2.Shopkeeper 1 = To lady (800+200) + to shopkeeper 1000 =2000-200(which he had kept for himself)
    3.Shopkeeper 2 - 1000 from shopkeeper 1
  • priyank bhardwaj
    priyank bhardwaj
    wardhaman
    Loss : 1000

1.lady got - 800+200 worth product with her
    2.Shopkeeper 1 = -200(worth product)-1000 (to shopkeeper2)+200 (kept for him after receiving from shopkeeper2)
    3.Shopkeeper 2 - 1000 from shopkeeper 1
    ahan! and what about the 800 he gave to the old lady?
  • priyank bhardwaj
    priyank bhardwaj
    he gave 1000 to the second shopkeeper....800 change to the lady ....200 worth products but he earned 200 as well...
    total loss is 1800 i guess
  • WARDHAMAN BEDMUTHA
    WARDHAMAN BEDMUTHA
    priyank bhardwaj
    he gave 1000 to the second shopkeeper....800 change to the lady ....200 worth products but he earned 200 as well...
    total loss is 1800 i guess
    Correct 1800 !!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The Lady, The Shopkeeper And A Fake Note - Find the Loss
    All that happenned is;
    1. The shop keeper gave out Rs.200 worth goods plus Rs.800 cash to the lady.
    This is his loss totalling Rs.1000.
    2. He got Rs.1000 from his neighbour and returned it. no loss or gain.
  • priyank bhardwaj
    priyank bhardwaj
    nope sorry...the answer is 1000

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi...someone help me out by giving ideas for my mini project
hi i have qualified pgdccet 2015 and i'm from mechanical background. i want to know 1. which npti is good for this course 2. how much %age chances of placement...
what are the scope for mechanical engg students in robotics?
Synaptics, the American company that is responsible for the sticking that fingerprint sensor on your laptop has built the world’s first self-contained fingerprint sensor. So what is so important about...
Anyone who knows anything about New York can tell you that the most famous park of the city is the Central Park but if the fellows of The Lowline are...