Hydrostatic power transmission at the wheels?

Can the concept of a screw air compressor be reversed to transmit drive to the wheels?
Engine can be used to run a compressor, a highly compressible gas like nitrogen maybe used.....
Compressed gas to be stored into a tank.
Out put valve to feed compressed gas to "reversed air compressors" at wheels,drive can be adjusted by controlling this valve .
Engine starts at a minimum pressure at storage tank and stops at max pressure.

this is what i had in my mind,some benefits of this concept is maximum fuel efficiency due to constant rpm of engine,takes out the weight of gearbox,propeller shaft and differential unit.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai Folks, I am just lazing on my bed, With a laptop in front of my head... Browsing through all the websites i can, Just to get the craziness first...
can u tel me please how shall i start a new disscussion in CE?
Android core development team has released the Android 3.2 SDK. Android engineers and enthusiasts can now take their Android development to newer level. There are several enhancements in this incremental...
hii cean, can anyone tell me the best configuration for a pc.............i want to assemble a pc under 60k and i need all specification from mouse to motherboard............i want it...
On 17th July, 1981, the Hyatt Regency Tragedy affected many lives and changed engineering protocols and standards. It's considered one of the deadliest engineering failures in American history. But 30...