How to remove lenses from a Nikon CoolPix 5700?

Any one know how to remove lenses from the barrels of consumer digital cameras?

Specifically I have Nikon CoolPix 5700 which has condensation between the frontmost two lenses in the telescoping lens assembly. The repair manual for the camera (available online as a PDF) shows how to remove the lens assembly from the camera. It doesn't show how to take the lens assembly itself apart or remove the lenses.

I'm not optimistic about actually fixing this camera, but, as a matter of curiosity, I'd like to know if the lenses can be taken out non-destructively. (This is a cheaply made digital camera and the lens assembly is mostly plastic.)

Edit: Since the camera was broken, I decided to remove the lenses destructively. The container holding the two front most lenses is press fitted into the barrel that holds it. There are photos and notes in my photobucket album: Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

Replies

• Bob Engineer
    Bob Engineer
    tashirosgt
    Any one know how to remove lenses from the barrels of consumer digital cameras?

Specifically I have Nikon CoolPix 5700 which has condensation between the frontmost two lenses in the telescoping lens assembly. The repair manual for the camera (available online as a PDF) shows how to remove the lens assembly from the camera. It doesn't show how to take the lens assembly itself apart or remove the lenses.

I'm not optimistic about actually fixing this camera, but, as a matter of curiosity, I'd like to know if the lenses can be taken out non-destructively. (This is a cheaply made digital camera and the lens assembly is mostly plastic.)

Edit: Since the camera was broken, I decided to remove the lenses destructively. The container holding the two front most lenses is press fitted into the barrel that holds it. There are photos and notes in my photobucket album: Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos
    u should read againt the gear manual.. before this i also have same problem. it was very difficult to me to explain to you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia X7-00 the much awaited Nokia smartphone is expected to make a debut at Mobile World Congress in February 2011 at Barcelona. The leaked videos show NFS Shift being played...
We're almost ready with the Video contest. The overall plan is as follows - 1. Launch the contest. On Jan 20th. 2. Participants to submit their videos by 10th February....
Hi friends, I would like to buy a laptop with core i3 processor but the dealer is suggesting me to buy core 2 duo because he is telling me that...
BSNL 3G set the Indian Internet World ablaze by being the first one to offer 3G connection speeds over wireless data modems. The BSNL EVDO service was a big flop...
CEans, Here's something I'm sure you'd like. Check out the video series titled "Shooting The Pirates With Lasers" on Engineering.com - TWIE 46: Shooting Pirates With Lasers - This Week...