Problem working with Windows7 OS

Hi friends,
I would like to buy a laptop with core i3 processor but the dealer is suggesting me to buy core 2 duo because he is telling me that core i3 processor will support only Windows7 OS but no other OS and it will not allow to work with 'C' or 'C++' programming languages 😔.
But I tried to run 'C' programs at my college under Windows7 with Pentium processor and it works fine😛. I wasn't quite sure whether I can work under core i3 processor with Windows7 or not.
I would like to know from you whether the dealer is right or wrong and which configuration would better suit for my requirements

Replies

• TheV
    TheV
    I think it will work...!
    because if the compiler is installed in window 7 (borland c++ is fully supported in win7) can run the program...But it's better to check it first before buying. Check the core i3 laptop anyone bought in your family or friends. Or better thing you can do is to go 4-5 shops and take the inquire about the problem...!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've got i3 and everything runs fine on it. The dealers do try to look more 'informed' at times.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    i guess there is something like 64-bit processor n 32-bit processor............. so some applications which run in 32-bit processor doesn't works well in 64-bit processor......... d same is with core i-3, some of the compilers doesn't work well in dat.....correct me if i m wrong.......
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey why cant you use compability for windows7 microsoft windows always make new versions run programs from older ones
    this is up to my knowledge
    correct me if i am wrong

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BSNL 3G set the Indian Internet World ablaze by being the first one to offer 3G connection speeds over wireless data modems. The BSNL EVDO service was a big flop...
CEans, Here's something I'm sure you'd like. Check out the video series titled "Shooting The Pirates With Lasers" on Engineering.com - TWIE 46: Shooting Pirates With Lasers - This Week...
HCL Technologies is hiring freshers 2010 walk-in on 22nd January 2011. Basic eligibility criteria BE/ BTech(CS/ ECE/ EEE/IT/ IS) or MCA degree (2010 batch graduates only) 65% in 10th, 12th,...
Does i require IE 6 for Ajax ? Advance Thanks, R.Rengaraj
Hello to all licensed and student CIVIL ENGINGEEERS, I'm LYLINE SACAPANO VILLANUEVA from the island of Boracay, studying BS Civil Engineering at Garcia College of Technology, I'm now on my...