How to put effect of discussion on individual?

well we all know to do something and to understand something are two different things

Daily we have lot of discussion on ce about various topics like education system,corruption etc

I wanna know what is the fun in doing these activities?We can really achieve our purpose if that discussion caN really put some effect on people.

Spreading the word of 'go green' will not work until we really understand its meaning.

Guys let us discuss what are the other ways through which can really put some effect on people ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From my experience, it's very difficult to change someone's thinking - which is formed over years. As we say on our go green page, "Engineering is hard. Going green is not". Think about it - how difficult it is to go green? I took a step and decided to take a bath with cold water always and you'd be surprised that I'd normally have hot water bath even in summer days! ( I'm an alien, anyway! ). It's may way of saving electricity and it adds a bit to the environment.

Secondly, we use CFLs in our home and that also adds to the environment.

Now, a discussion only cannot really change people. They must have inner desiger to change themselves and any discussion can only fuel it. As our E-S said, discussions on CE helped fuel the 'think out of the box' attitude in him. But I must point that it already existed in him!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Goyal: Nice thought. It has been hovering in my mind ever since I attended the first debate in school.
    People discuss in debates to prove 'their' point. It doesn't matter if the point is right or wrong, they stick to their point ONLY because they want to win! 😲

Hence the outcome of most the debate competitions is a winner who is a good speaker and no result as to what is right and what is wrong and why. 😕

I agree with you on the point that people should take the points discussed here seriously and come forward to tell the effect it has created on them.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Nice point Goyal! But , you must understand that the debates in the CE section or where ever are done to prove themselves correct.
    There could be few to many people who would like to implement the change!

And , here I have to say you about an incident at our office, "Our Senior Manager wanted to improve our QA process and suggested a way to come out with things which will improve our process"
    Our lead just wanted to write the points of improvement but not to implement them.. so the discussion which goes for that purpose is of no use and I was aganist any meeting for process improvement discussions which are anyway going not to be implemented!

so, it depends on the individual!

@Biggie: Thanks for your words 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Big Dig project in Boston is one heck of an interesting projects Civil and Structural engineers can follow. Here's more information about it - Big Dig - Wikipedia, the...
Guys how about making a video that will show effects of global warming if it is not controlled by now The main aim of this video will be to create...
Which movies do all our Indian engineers think are the most awaited Bollywood movies of year 2011? PS: I'm not at all movie buff. But just curious to know whether...
This thread is for all the freshers who've gotten offer letters from Wipro Technologies. Share your story and also tell us which center you're joining for the initial training. Let's...
ThinkPad X220 technical specifications are out. The series will have 12.5" IPS screen @ 1366 x 768 😕 , a buttonless touchpad, TrackPoint navigator, 2.7GHz Core i7-2620QM CPU, 8GB of...