how to master the apis ?

I am always seeing, and peoples talk about the apis in java..when I look about some api, what all I am getting is documentation , which only gives , a small description..
I dont think it is very useful, how can one master on java apis?

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Just keep practicing hard. The reference is there to help you.

You can always check the API to make sure that you have passed proper arguments to functions. Basically, an API is a set of functions and classes to common programming solutions.
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    thanks gaurav... api has some virtual architechture?? we need to know about how to use the classes..here is where the problem starts, How can we know about the classes..in documentation they always give the protypes..Somemonth before I started learning jasper for generating pdf reports using jasper, and graphs using jasper,, Still I 'm unclear about that jasper api 😔
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Lets take Windows API for example.

To master Win API you should know how windows works, its architecture, etc.

I guess every API reference documentation provides contents of classes and prototype functions and the documentation can be searched.

I don't know about other APIs but in Win API they've also provided example codings in the references.
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    ok gaurav..I will search in documentation

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

one of my friend, while applying for job, for lastname, he confused and gave his father name itself, is it correct? it is family name right? he said he dont...
Sir / Madam, My questions is, The function f(x) = |x – 2| + |2.5 – x| + |3.6 – x|, where x is a real number, attains a minimum...
which is the basic communication channel used in remote cars, toes etc
CEans, Engineer turned world's #1 marketer, Seth Godin is on CE to tell you how to be indispensable. How to do your job more effectively and draw your own map...
Hi All, I develop an ASP.NET website for free users, they can post question without sign-up. How to get IP from client and block the spammers? Thank you _________________ _Jason...