How to interface mobile phone to PC using Java?

Hi,
I want to make a java application for my project. I've to make a GUI and connect a phone to my PC. If a certain button in the GUI is clicked, then the mobile should make a call to a pre specified number. How to do this?

I have the communications API. How to use this?

PS (Basically, I've done it in VB and it's working fine. But I need it in Java for my project. I don't know how to configure the com port and how to make connection to com port in Java.)

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Hi silverscorpion,

Keeping GUI part aside at the moment. For using Java Communication API - very first thing you need to know about it. Like what all methods and fields it provides us and which method works what . Check this for API - #-Link-Snipped-#

For using the API, look at this if may be of some help -#-Link-Snipped-#

Give a try and Share the code if possible - we can correct it out. Hope it helps. 😀
  • rahul wadhwa
    rahul wadhwa
    hey this is rahul wadhwa,

i want to connect the mobile phone to the computer with the help of j2me,and after connecting i can transfer messages from mobile to computer and more data from mobile to computer, and also i can perform many functions of mobile by computer, i m using netbeans editor 6.1 editor please tel me how i can do this please its urgent please tell me about this.
  • ammad
    ammad
    Re: How to interface mobile phone to Computer

Hi
    can anybody plz let me know about the interfaceing of mobile phone using VB its urgent.
  • Priyank Rathod
    Priyank Rathod
    Re: How to interface mobile phone to Computer

how do i create an Interface between PC nd MOBILE using JAVA??
    i want to send msgs from PC....
    OR
    msgs should automatically be sent at regular interval of time
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    What mobile model are you using?
  • Priyank Rathod
    Priyank Rathod
    nokia 5310 or any cell phn....
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    You guys would have got the Nokia Ovi Suite right... It has a set of Java Classes named NokiaMServer and all. Those will help you to pair your device with system using BlueTooth or USB, thereby allowing you to synchronize and send sms... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

frndz tell any good project title
Wake On LAN Ex 2.07 Wake On LAN Ex is an application designed to be used with computers that contain network cards which are set to turn on when a...
Hello,i have read all the forums in CE but there is no topic for main project ideas,please do suggest me some ideas for main project as soon as possible.I want...
As part of my final year project I am building a 'proof of concept' for a device I am designing. The device contains a 'lazy tong' (see KMODDL - Kinematic...
I Have 56% in BE Computers(average of 4 years)from PUNE UNIVERSITY. With a vaild GATE score...will I be able to get admission to IIT's, NIT's, BIT's or any top ranked...