How to gather a team for a startup?
I am going to set up a startup with my friends. I need web designers who can help me. I'm a B.Tech student, I cannot pay. Is there a solution to this?
Thank you in advance.
Hlo i have done a startup as u did .kindly give me information about your company..contact me at <snipped>
A little more information about what kind of work you expect from designers would help. If it's simply about getting the front-end HTML + CSS; then you can make use of the templates available on the Internet.
@Ankita can help you out with any design issues you are facing. Just ask away.
- node js developers who can use sockets, so that I can have messaging feature on the website.
- Backend developers who can handle complex queries in SQL
- developers who are good with managing live websites and data updation
- UI developers so that I improvise my interface.
@Divya - hiring is a big challenge for startups. There are several ways you could go about hiring. I'm assuming that you are a registered company and can officially start offering internships.
1. Approach all the top colleges in your city/location and advertise about your internships. Many talented students are willing to trade their time and skills to gain experience.
2. If there are startup events in your city, that's a good place to find talented people. In my city, we've 'techies' group on WhatsApp where all techies are willing to help each other.
3. Don't be under impression that offering money will get you a really good developer. It's a challenge that a new company has to solve. At CrazyEngineers, we learned to program because we couldn't find good developers to work on the things we wanted to launch.
4. Check if you really need to develop things from scratch. Most of the features can be addressed using existing services and tools; most of them are free.
5. Finally, if you are not able to find engineers to write the stuff; it'd be worth learning the technology on your own and get it done. We lost ~5 years trying to outsource things that we could have done in 6-8 months if we learned those tools/technologies ourselves. It was a mistake and you shouldn't repeat that mistake.
I hope this helps.
PS: We are planning for an app where engineers could sell their skills for cheap and make quick buck. That could be helpful to you.
Only logged in users can reply.