How to create a small EMP?

There's a boombox at my work that's getting very old. Despite that my coworkers listen to horrible music that I cant stand to the point where I have to put in my headphones. They turn it up so loud, I can hear it through my headphones when my volume is all the way up.
Anywho, I thought of either creating an EMP to just end the life of the boombox or just creating a small jammer, making it unable to work correctly. Another idea I thought about was just taping both the negative and positive wires together with electrical tape, creating a short in the thing.

Either way, I want the thing dead because I know it's useless telling them to turn it down when all they will do is turn it up. I don't know exactly how to create an EMP but I know its destroys electronics. However, I don't it to be too big and destroy everybody's cell phones or anything.

How would you handle this?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i am venkatesh basically i dont have idea in andriod . but i whant to do aproject in android . if what plat form they are using . like...
Eid al-Fitr (Ramzan Id, Eid-ul-Fitar, or Idul-Fitr) is a gazetted holiday in India. It celebrates the end of Ramadan and marks the first day of the Islamic month of Shawwal....
Hello All, This is Muhammad Hanif-Mechanical Engineer from Pakistan. Graduated in Mechanical Engg. in the year 2008, from NED university of Engg. & Tech. Karachi, Pakistan. I have 4 years...
I'm designing a steering wheel mechanism on solid works. But once assembled, two teeth of the pinion on both side of the tooth and groove which are in contact are...
Hai... I am an electronics and communication students...plzz any one help me to get some innovative project ideas on lab view.....want to submit within two days....plsss...