How to convert dc to ac sine wave for high power values. What is the circuit used in inverters?

how to convert dc to ac sine wave for high power values.what is the circuit used in inverters?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Basic inverter circuits are used only that high power devices are used instead of standard MOS anf BJT transistors

Especially the PWM are taken special attention for low power dissipation
  • lal
    lal
    Usually MOSFETs and SCRs are the static switches used in the inverter curcuits along with a control circuit to trigger these. Power BJT is also a semiconductor device used as switch in inverters. The selction depends on the maximum power rating. There are different types of inverter circuits like single phase, three phase, fully controlled, half controlled and so on.

Basically all inverter circuits will have a control circuit, semiconductor switches and a transformer. The control circuit generates pulses to control the Turn ON and Turn OFF or just Turn ON of the semi conductor switches. The DC to AC conversion happens by directing the current flow in the relevant direction by the semiconductor switches (Power BJT, Thyristor or MOSFET). The output is an AC which is then Stepped Up to the required voltage by a transformer.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Power BJT rather said as IGBT is common for very high frequency switching But common SMPS switches prefer MOS as it is cheap other designs are valid but pricy If the op voltage is real high then going for other devices is acceptable.

But for simpler ckts MOS and SCR is sufficient

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi..I want to buy a new phone within a budget of around 10k. Do I need to look at phone's internal memory as a factor before buying?? Is it true...
Does Google Delete Your Mail On Its Own? This is what I am thinking. I am facing this problem. Even when I am not deleting my mails, I can find...
why is the frequency of pulsating dc is more than actual alternating sine wave
Here is the gallery of submissions for Nat Geo's 2012 photo contest. While all are good some are breath taking. https://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/n..._content=inside_20121127&utm_campaign=Content
The Mars explorer project Curiosity was almost abandoned because of various glitches. The story of how these were overcome is inspiring to engineers, who must know that failures are the...