How to compile with GNU compiler on UNIX system.

I an using Ubuntu 10.04 as my OS and i installed GNU C++ compiler wants to know that what is the command to compile C++ program on UNIX system?
Is there any necessary software required to run C++ program?
Help me out !!

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    you might wanna go through the following links:

ubuntuforums.org

#-Link-Snipped-#

You'll need to install gcc/g++. Open the synaptic package manager and search for the appropriate package and install it. You will of course need internet connection.

[EDIT]

On the other hand, open the terminal window and run the following command. This should be all you need:

sudo apt-get install build-essential

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey this is raj some time I get confused regarding which site to visit for the sample papers for some particulars types of exams......like AAI(airport authrity of india ),RBI(reserve bank...
i m second year electrical student ,finding some project ideas ....help me please...
Hi friends !!! i m studying in second year of EXTC. i have an idea of a mini project can u help me for implementing this or can u tell...
Hello friends, As we know that in c++ we end the class with a semicolon like this...... Class a { }; but in java we don't need to end the...
Hello Fellow Mechanical and Civil Engineers, Being a mechanical engineer by trade, I was tired of my kids playing mindless video games for hours on end. I decided to build...