How To Built Own Operating System....

hello i know both c and assembly language can any one help how to built own OS ... I mean how to built kernel and how to make it compatible to windows platform or linux....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sudeep Dasgupta
    hello i know both c and assembly language can any one help how to built own OS ... I mean how to built kernel and how to make it compatible to windows platform or linux....
    Linux From Scratch could be an important step in this direction. Our interview with the director of the project would be a great starting point: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    I have gone through Windows 7 Modding in my earlier days of Secondary Education with guidance of my friend, owner of Rockersteam Technologies. But I haven't seen any "creation of OS from scratch". Would love to see if anybody has knowledge about it.
  • vinci
    vinci
    good job #-Link-Snipped-# but notice that windows is not open source means that we dont have enough access to its kernel and its code.However,with open source OS like Linux, UNIX,we can do modify OS according to need,can customize the kernel as we wish but that needs KERNEL level programming and complete knowledge of OS and kernel

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone.I am a Delhi girl and an aspiring engineer.I managed to get IT in Manipal (already admitted) and have got 3011 rank in IP university(counselling still awaited). I am...
Anybody here have used openfoam.? Is it free? Which OS is best suited for running openfoam? Minimum system requirements for running the program? Similar CFD softwares ?
Since last couple of years I have stopped taking my bulky DSLR camera with me whenever I am going around. Instead, I rely on my smartphone’s camera for the bulk...
I'm searching for information on DTSI Engines most commonly used in Bajaj Pulsar bikes. I'd appreciate any relevant information on the topic.
Unbelievable, co-ordinated , ultimate precision! Still cannot believe my eyes.