Dtsi-engine

I'm searching for information on DTSI Engines most commonly used in Bajaj Pulsar bikes. I'd appreciate any relevant information on the topic.

Replies

• PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Its Digital Twin Spark Ignition. Its helps in good milege with better Ignition than ordinary one and formly used by Bajaj.
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    its just using 2 sparks instead of a single one.. this would cause a better flame front movement inside the combustion chamber ! and that would improve the efficiency of the entire process ! and it all means that lesser amt of uncombustible material wud come out .. !
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    why cant we use this type of engine(dtsi-engine) in all vehicles to give better milleage.😀
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    well.. i guess it costs a little more than the normal ones' and i guess dtsi vehicles are already making big in the market !
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    cost of bajaj vehicles are less compare to other in market
  • venkatking.v
    venkatking.v
    DTS-i stands for Digital Twin Spark Plug Ignition. In simple words it means that there are 2 spark plugs in the single cylinder engine and the timing of sparkplugs are controlled by a digital microprocessor.The big difference between a conventional 4 stroke engines and the DTS-i engine is the incorporation of 2 Spark Plugs. The 2 spark plug set up leads to better burning of the air fuel mixture, which results in delivering better fuel efficiency without any compromise in power.
    Benefits of DTS-i Technology:
    With a DTS-i engine, one gets the dual benefit of good fuel coupled with good power as well.

The evidence of the effectiveness of this technology is clearly demonstrated by the eagerness of other manufacturers like Royal Enfield, which have launched a model, the Thunderbird “Twin Spark”.

[​IMG]

Like the DTS-i engine, the DTS-Si engine also has 2 Spark Plugs, the timing of which is controlled by a Digital Microprocessor. The difference between these two engines is the offset position of the inlet and outlet ports of the DTS-Si engine. This offset position creates turbulence of the air-fuel mixture inside the engine.
    Benefits of DTS-Si Technology: This enhances the fuel efficiency of the engine even further.

[​IMG]
  • The myth buster
    The myth buster
    added info: in pulsar dtsi engine the angle of inclination b/t two spark plugs in 120 degrees..!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Unbelievable, co-ordinated , ultimate precision! Still cannot believe my eyes.
On July 2nd Google has again published the distribution of its various versions of Android, and per expectations Gingerbread still got the rank 1 with a distant 64.6% of the...
Mozilla’s Firefox OS For Mobile To Run On Smartphones In Brazil By 2013 Fujitsu & NICT Develop Indoor Guidance System For Blind; Reach Where GPS Can’t! Google Ears Ports From...
Between now and October, what are the various conferences to get your paper published/showcase your project?
what is socket in networking ?? and how to program it??