Patent for Interchangeable Camera Lenses on an iPhone

Since last couple of years I have stopped taking my bulky DSLR camera with me whenever I am going around. Instead, I rely on my smartphone’s camera for the bulk of their picture taking needs.

I consider iPhone as one of the most prominent photography-friendly handsets; and may be everyone had nearly the same thought for the awesome Apple sets. Possibly recognizing the growing popularity of phone photography, Apple had filed a unique patent, I must say very interesting patent.

On 14th June Apple had filed the patent for - iPhone with a removable back panel which would allow its user to switch between different camera lenses, similar to what you’d see with DSLR cameras. Though apple had filed that patent now, may be to prevent its competitors from using a similar idea however there’s no telling if this idea will ever come to fruition??

Time will let us know about this, if that would be a part of iPhone 5 or its merely a patent only.

-CB

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm searching for information on DTSI Engines most commonly used in Bajaj Pulsar bikes. I'd appreciate any relevant information on the topic.
Unbelievable, co-ordinated , ultimate precision! Still cannot believe my eyes.
On July 2nd Google has again published the distribution of its various versions of Android, and per expectations Gingerbread still got the rank 1 with a distant 64.6% of the...
Mozilla’s Firefox OS For Mobile To Run On Smartphones In Brazil By 2013 Fujitsu & NICT Develop Indoor Guidance System For Blind; Reach Where GPS Can’t! Google Ears Ports From...
Between now and October, what are the various conferences to get your paper published/showcase your project?