How to Analyz Clustering Output

Hi guys

I am developing a Botnet Detection tool in Java (i am a newbie)

In my framework, first I cluster the input traffic by X-means algo that is embedded in Rapidminer (Data mining Tool).

Now I want to use the output of clustering in my tool (Botnet Detector). But I can not understand that how can I use the output of Rapidminer......Would you please break down this issue for me....

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hi steward

Frankly saying i have no idea about this rapid miner but i am interested in helping you in this

If you can explain what is this rapid miner all about in brief (means what is the output and input?) then may be i can help you.
  • Reya
    Reya
    I have learnt about Rapid Miner tool in data mining..Can u explain me about Botnet detection tool?I have no idea about that.
  • steward
    steward
    Hi

First, Rapidminer is a Datamining software that consists of Classification and Clustering Algorithms such as Support Vector machine(SVM) or Xmeans and so on.

The traffic that I m going to detect the botnet involved, has lot of records and flows inside.Therefore for the first step I need to cluster those heavy records to work easier and get involved with organized records.

Bot is a kind of malware that after infecting your computer, it can connect back to its bot master(Hacker) or Command and Control server(C&C).
    So botnet is a collection of computers that have been infected by the hacker to be misused for illegal actions such DDOS, Spamming....

For my work I wanna to detect the flows that are connecting with their C&C based on a particular Framework.

I wanna use Pcap dataset for my work...And Inside the pacp file is all the packet information (src add, src mac, des add, des port, src port,,and so on).
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    ok so you want to know how to use the data stored in pacp file?

am i right?
  • steward
    steward
    goyal420
    ok so you want to know how to use the data stored in pacp file?

am i right?
    But for this thread ..no ...I want to input Dataminer with Pcap file and as i explained to cluster with Xmeans algo....

By the way, I m using java library Jpcap and Jnetpcap (I do not know which of them is better).but thank you for asking. because I am searching any java flow analysis tools that can calculate some statistical analysis on flow such as flow size or average packet size of a flow and so on. do you know any one?
  • steward
    steward
    No have been working on clustering?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, am a new guy here,and i am not well in english plz ignore my mistakes.friends i need a circuit diagram of star delta starter for a 25HP motor by...
Here is plan for bio tech students...six month training is provided to students of bio tech which prefer location in Chandigarh....
Telecom major Bharti Airtel said it has given contracts to Ericsson India, Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) and Huawei Technologies to set up infrastructure for providing 3G services in the country....
Microsoft India has announced new set of developer tools and software development kits for PHP developers who build applications for Windows Azure. "We are working to give open source developers...
A number of new Internet search engines created by Christian, Jewish or Muslim entities aim to filter out queries from Web users in a way that is more relevant to...