How the ads work?

These days I am seeing many advertisements on CE.

Its good that it adds revenue to CE.

But I want to know few things.

Few days back when I was visiting EEE section on a query regarding motors the ads corresponding to the motor are displayed.

I observed in some instances the same thing.

So my question is...

We should place the ads in specific section according to thread? I think this is cumbersome..

Is there any smart way that the there will be a program which places ads in different sections accoring to tag works /keywords /thread title in the section.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The ads we have on CE are 'context' based. Meaning, a person reading a discussion on job openings in Australia, is most likely to see advertisements from Australia that are related to job openings.

We place the ads where they get maximum views. There are however few static advertisements which are not contextual. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thanks Biggie for the explanation ๐Ÿ˜€

So If I see a thread related to Embededed systems I get the ads there corresponding to it.

So how do you place them??

Are they automatically placed like the gadgets in our blogs?

Guys ,
    Ignore me if I sound stupid ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's right. They are all served by Google. We just have to define the ad spot ๐Ÿ˜€ . Which ad will get displayed depends on lot of factors including your geographic location, the page context, your past browsing trends etc.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Oh! Great!! Thanks again for the info.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh..! My doubt is clarified..!

Thanks for your information Biggie..!

Thanks for your question Es..!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We are now seriously trying for direct sponsors to help us accelerate our growth & reach around the world.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh thats Way to Go..!

All the Best Biggie..!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The_Big_K
    We are now seriously trying for direct sponsors to help us accelerate our growth & reach around the world.

If we can potentially show them the benefits we will get them for sure.

I have one idea , Can we sponser someone for free for a week or month and show how CE is benefitting them such that they may become our sponserers.

Is it sounding bad?? Not sure though..

Put your thoughts here !!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today my sir asked this question in the class..! No one gave the correct answer for this question..! What is the need to use Virtual Memory ? Why dont we...
The Great Wall of Indian Cricket helped to Cross 300 RUNS
I am doing my 3-2 , computer science engineering. Totally we have 6 subjects. Out of 6, we have one Elective paper..! The first 5 subjects are 1) Computer Networks,...
where the segment registers reside in memory.. is it in main memory(RAM) or in the micrprocessor memory. does segment has a fix size (64kb) or variable size...?? what is difference...
One of my friends orkut account was hacked now by someone and they changed her password...! Now she cant able to access her account..? Is there any way to delete...