Suggest me a good subject...!

I am doing my 3-2 , computer science engineering.

Totally we have 6 subjects. Out of 6, we have one Elective paper..!

The first 5 subjects are

1) Computer Networks,
2) compiler Design,
3) Web Technologies,
4) Software Engineering,
5) Design & Analysis of Algorithms and
5) the 6th paper is elective

The list for elective subject is :

a) Artificial Intelligence
b) Advanced DBMS
c) Operations Research
d) Real-time systems
e) Neural Networks
f) Principles of Programming Languages

We have to select a from the given list (a-f) for my 6th subject..!

Our college lecturers are forcing us to take Operations Research. They are telling us it is a scorable subject and easiest subject..!

I dont know about those subjects..!

So please suggest me a good subject based on importance..!

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    hi pallavi..i have studied operation Research and ppl(principles of progg).The OR is totally based on mathematics and statistics and can be good if you go further more with these topics, as the topics covered here is inventory control,queuing theory,linear programming,game programming,assignment problem,transporation.it depends on your interest in maths and you required some knowledge of probability, and probability distribution like binomial,poisson.if you have some doubt about this subject the please ask.for this books are ,OR by manmohan,kanti swaroop or S.D.sharma is good
    now move on the ppl as its the basics of programming langauge how they built and oops concepts,you will also gain some knowledge about langauage like simula or logic languages,for this you can check the book of terrance W pratt: programming languages PHI.
    now please if you have some doubt ask?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    yes I know that OR is mathematical based and easy to score..! So, our lecturers are suggesting us OR..!

But I wanna know the importance of the subject...!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    whats your area of interest?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    See I dont have interest on any particular subject because they are all new to me...!

Just I am simply asking which one is important and which one is useful for us in the future?

Sorry If I am wrong?
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    if u see the future prospectus then the AI or neural networks are good and important.as they can be used in the real world well ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh..! thanks for your information cooldude...!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Come on guys..!

I am waiting for your suggestions...!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am facinated towards Neural Networks !!

I guess a video which we saw earier in Labs section by a company called TOD , they made a device I think they used Neural Networks.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    So ES, you are suggesting me Neural networks right..!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yep thats correct!!!

I really like it!!! But I never read anything about it.

๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    ha ha..! You never read anything about it..! But you like it ah..!

Is that an electronic subject or computer subject..?

Ok thanks for your suggestion ES..!

Any more suggestions guys...!
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    hey pallavi....if u think about importance than AI may be good,coz its a emerging field with lot of opportunities ahead.It may be interesting too!!!...
  • madhumurundi
    madhumurundi
    Hi,
    pallavi,
    According to me Principles of Programming Language is the Good Subject and easy to score... you will understand better things about programming .. ..
    and Neural Network is the another subject.. where .. more research is going on now a days... and also very interesting ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Very bad...!

Maximum students voted for Operations Research..! So, OR is confirmed...!
    I voted for Neural Networks, But its waste..!

Without knowing anything, maximum students selected Operations Research only for the sake of marks because its a scorable subject....!

Very bad on their part...!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I guess you can select your own subject?

but I think you need to study on your own for that.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    No ES..! The whole class have to select only one subject...!

So, I have to prepare OR...!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

where the segment registers reside in memory.. is it in main memory(RAM) or in the micrprocessor memory. does segment has a fix size (64kb) or variable size...?? what is difference...
One of my friends orkut account was hacked now by someone and they changed her password...! Now she cant able to access her account..? Is there any way to delete...
Source: Times of India Global technology and consultancy giant Accenture on Monday said it is going to add around 8,000 people in India by the end of next year taking...
Microsoft Windows 7 is protected by key activation. The operating system requires users to activate their copy of Windows 7 within 30 days. But hackers have found a way around...
Hi Everyone, Its long time my introduction has been due, so here i go Name: pracas *Engineering Trade: a non-engineering(by education) electronics convert! Location: Chennai *Occupation: Self-Employed Employer Work Experience:...