How it is possible?

sir my friend has make a stove which is ignited with kersosene oil. but after 5 minutes it is ignited with water. how it possible? he has provided two valves and two diffrent pipes for water and kerosene in a same burner? he also provided two differnt tanks for water and kerosene. HOW IT IS POSSIBLE? I DONT UNDERSTAND.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Water cannot burn. It is already fully oxidised.
    There are two possibilities.
    1.Some form of producer gas is generated, which is well known.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2. Water is decomposed by heated iron parts, which will become iron oxide and the released hydrogen burns. Incidentally, decades back such a system was shown in Tamilnadu to government officials, only to die a quiet death.

I believe in thermodynamics.

Bioramani

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, Thermal Power generation being a conventional methodology of power generation where it hard know more about new innovation in this technology, can anybody add value of knowledge except...
The common types of abrasives used in the industry are of two types. 1.Artificial and 2.Natural The natural abrasives which are commonly used include 1.Sandstone: It is also well known...
C program for the temperature monitoring circuit with pic 16f877a with pc interface the circuit uses a pt100 sensor for temperature sensing and then interfacing of pic 16f877a adc and...
Hello friends. Today I was having my Prolog exams. There I had a very interesting question that I would like to share with you. Ques: If there are N one...
Recently Bharat won world cup. I had a comparison. We have also won it in 1983. The total prizes won by team were Rs.1.33 Million (13 lakh 30 Thousand) In...