How far is dependency good?

This is a conflicting question that frustrates me. what extent of dependency is good? in sense healthy.
There are two facets of it, dependency and getting way by lettings other do your work .Till what extent do you believe in doing all that you can and not be dependant on others and draw the line where you cannot do any further?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We humans are social and dependency is an integral part of being social. You will have to explain what type of dependency is being considered for this debate.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    In terms of office work? Perhaps a balance between self-sufficiency and delegation 😀 Though, it does depend on tasks at hand.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Its at work place . Rest all is not an issue here 😛.
    There needs to be a fine line which divides our part of responsibility and the point where we can hand over to? or rather where we can take up the work. For example - say xyz knows what (s)he is doing, but abcis new . till what extent 'abc' can ask for assistance from xyz given that xyz can already be knowing what needs to be done?
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    I think at any work place every working employee has some sort of limitation after which (s)he needs assistance from his or her senior. And that assistance also have limitations. Ok let's take an example of here crazyengineers only,

if i am new member here i didn't know the rules of CE, so by mistake i have posted a new thread of chit-chat section in computer science section this is my mistake so i need assistance from my seniors here, my seniors can tell me about this. If my senior is one of the CEan's so (s)he will tell me that post the threads in the proper section. But i have done the mistake of posting thread of chit-chat section in computer science section, then what will happen. My senior who is a CEan can only tell me that don't repeat this mistake from next time but he can't transfer my mistakely posted thread on chit-chat section to chit-chat section, so this is CEan's limitation and for this (s)he needs assistance from his or her senior that is from administrator or moderator because administrator or moderator only have the right to transfer any mistakely posted thread to right section. So by this example we can say that there are some assistance that also have limitations.........../
  • gohm
    gohm
    That's where group or team tasks can be benfitial. Having a team all working on a project with each member focusing on clearly defined tasks of the project. This allows all involved to know the basics of the big picture of the project as a whole & incourages cooperation amongst the members. This can be fostered with a break session work environment as opposed to traditional cubical.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi every one, My project is Design and Implementation of Integer Factorization Tool based on Multiple Algorithms.I have written code using trial division method, pollards factorization methods ,ecm,quadratic sieve algorithms.I...
Ever since CE started, we've been following two rules and we've been quite hard on implementing them - English as the medium of communication. Strict no to SMS language I...
actually i need to know that if i want that for 100msec the data send to pin no 2 and then pin 3 and then for again 1000msec on pin...
The article is about being lucky and what are the factors that contribute to luck. Do go through it. Very interesting & useful! I obtained the following article through email....
World today is affected by a number of issues that seem to present more drawbacks than solutions. One such issue is the depleting fossil fuel energy. Fossil fuels which were...