Usage Of Non-English Languages On CE Forums [Must Read For New Members]

Ever since CE started, we've been following two rules and we've been quite hard on implementing them -

1. English as the medium of communication.
  2. Strict no to SMS language

I wish to inform new members why these two rules are followed and why we are so hard on those who do not follow the rules.

Firstly, its important to understand that CE is not a region specific forum. CE is read by engineers from all over the world (over 180;precisely 192 countries). English is one of the most widely used language and understood by most of the technical people worldwide.

Lot of our members come from India and its natural for them to comment in Hindi or other regional languages. However, we've experienced that this repels many uses away from the forums. Lot of people also get an impression that we are Indian forums and that restricts the content & membership we get from other countries.

Secondly, usage of SMS text for the technical discussions is highly discouraged. We've lost lot of senior members (some with over 30-40 years of experience in their own fields) because of the casualness in asking the questions. SMS language may be easier to type, but lot of CEans would agree that it is difficult to read. We do not want to miss out on the benefits we all can derive (FOR FREE) just because we are casual in asking questions or posting our ideas.

Students who are addicted to using SMS text must understand that SMS language will not help you in any way when you enter corporate world. So why not develop good habits and CE is a great place to practice it, right?

New members must also understand that there are lots of CEans who often go out of the way to help others and expecting nothing in return. Be regular here and you will be surprised to see how you change and get an edge over others.

It is for YOUR benefit.

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    well said biggie,hope new members will follow this 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Well said Biggie. Follow the rules newbies. 😀
  • sarayu
    sarayu
    hello CEans😀
    i'm not exactly new. but i will follow the rules in the forum😀
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    I like when some one cross the rule and then biggie give him a punishment with his big big yellow stick.
    it's also a happy moment of CE.

well i seriously talking about it if you want to improve your english just follow these two rules.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    I am very new here so this instruction is very necessary for me .

Well generally i am very addicted using sms words but here in CE i will try my best to strictly avoid sms words.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

actually i need to know that if i want that for 100msec the data send to pin no 2 and then pin 3 and then for again 1000msec on pin...
The article is about being lucky and what are the factors that contribute to luck. Do go through it. Very interesting & useful! I obtained the following article through email....
World today is affected by a number of issues that seem to present more drawbacks than solutions. One such issue is the depleting fossil fuel energy. Fossil fuels which were...
can u tell us the information about the fabrication of pneumatic paper cup folding machine 😕
NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (i.e. IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and...