how does web browser makes connection with internet?

Can anyone give some information or suitable links to explain how web browser
makes connection with intenet?
For more clarification of what i am trying to say is
Say i am client and my friend is a server...
I want to send him a object that will contain some information .... if i want to use internet as my medium for transfer of information to my friend?

Please give me any point?I really need this

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Goyal,
    First you need to understand that the system you are talking about is a series of abstractions layered on top of each other.

So the browser needs a stream and an associated MIME type (whether the data it is receiving is HTML, plain text, audio, video, image, etc).

This stream is sent from the server to the client in the form of packets. The nature of sending these packets could be different from different environments. If it is open internet we are talking about then most likely it is TCP/IP or FTP.

The packets are essentially electric signals transmitted through some media (fibre optics, copper wire, etc).

Hope this pretty much addresses your doubt.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Thanks sir
    but i want to just use internet as communication media between two programs so that they can communicate with each other and transfer data
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    do you intend to say that you need to interface two systems using internet and then transfer information? In that case as well, the ftp/sftp will be needed.
    The destination addresses being the IP address of the other system to whom you intend to send down messages.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Socket Programming.

There're many tutorials on search, just choose your favorite language & feel free to ask for help! 😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    MaRo
    Socket Programming.

There're many tutorials on search, just choose your favorite language & feel free to ask for help! 😀
    Thank you sir...ie what i want?
    Thank you guys for your suggestion...I think what i asked was confusing..actually i just treat web browser and server as a program and want to know how communication takes place between them via internet?and i think socket programming will provide me what i want?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Goyal,
    Socket programming it is.
    +1 with MaRo
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    goyal420
    Thank you sir...ie what i want?
    Thank you guys for your suggestion...I think what i asked was confusing..actually i just treat web browser and server as a program and want to know how communication takes place between them via internet?and i think socket programming will provide me what i want?
    yes u are right.i have been working on writing a new server and as per my knowledge,,web browser creates a TCP connection using a socket.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recent news in news paper revealed the fact that more than 15,000 students have opted for revaluation of their answer-book papers from universities in my state in India.😔 Out of...
It is believed that Cartoon based education can effectively answer the problems of poor quality education in India. In some places of this country it is already in work in...
Mavizen is the manufacturing arm of TTXGP, recently announced the TTX02 which is electric motorbike that has open source Linux OS, web server, USB-based system bus & wifi connectivity. Read...
The chief architect of Burj Khalifa has a special word of thanks for his old engineering guide Srinivasa 'Hal' Iyengar for many of the last-mile suggestions on the world's tallest...
My minor project was "speed control and revolution count of stepper motor in both forward and reverse direction using NAND gate IC's. What can I add to it to make...