How do you categorize your Folders / bookmarks?

How do you categorize your Folders / bookmarks?

Organizing this is tedious work.
I've got thousands of Documents, Utilities, bookmarks and I am about to undertake the task to organize this in good manner.

For Bookmark:
I have created on Google Doc Form which organize my bookmarks for immediate access from anywhere on internet
links
My Folder Categorization : (sample workout, will upload folders.rar very soon)
Folders
Best Practices for File-Naming:
Γ’€œNaming Conventions for Electronic Documents.Γ’€ Information Management. Alberta Government.
August 2005.
#-Link-Snipped-#

I knew there must be a better way to organize.πŸ‘
So how do you categorize/organize this Share your Ides? πŸ‘πŸ‘

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    No hating, but I don't find any use of this because there's already plenty of options in Mozilla Firefox which lets me organize all of my bookmarks in categories & tags which I can access just by clicking on 5th option of Firefox.
    Also, I can sync it & access all the bookmarks in my Android's FF.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Thank you very much for your valuable information
    I already mention above there must be a better way to organize

But this method is useful for me because i have shared that form and response excel with my friends so we get every-once bookmarks

BTW suggest any software for organizing computer data or any idea how to do this πŸ˜‰ i really need this
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I always trust on Firefox to manage my bookmarks in various folders in Bookmark Bar,
    I just keep adding links in folders and sometimes rearrange itπŸ˜€.
    Before installing new OS or after 3-4 months I take backup of bookmark and keep aside.
    Even without back up you can find in bookmarks backups created by Firefox in USER/installed location of Firefox in profiles\bookmarkbackups.
    Even you can take back up of your saved password by taking backup of files
    key3.db and signons.sqlite and replace it in new Firefox.
    Sync works greatπŸ‘
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'm on the same boat. I've got thousands of files that need organizing. I have the bad habit of saving to stuff to Desktop all the time. When my screen files, I create a "dump" folder, and put everything in there.. repeating the cycle πŸ˜›
  • lal
    lal
    ash
    I'm on the same boat. I've got thousands of files that need organizing. I have the bad habit of saving to stuff to Desktop all the time. When my screen files, I create a "dump" folder, and put everything in there.. repeating the cycle πŸ˜›
    Though not on the desktop, I make a folder 'z' when the files start flooding the screen hoping to categorize them to the right folders very soon 😁 which only remains as an unfinished task. There will be a new folder 'z' inside the existing 'z' or a 'zz' when the screen clogs again 😘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Trailview 2.0 is a walking stick developed by Google with cameras & location sensors that are embedded inside the stick. Whenever, stick touches the ground, the Camera that is embedded...
I can't believe that,Every hardware with User-Interface is moving to touch.Shit pisses me off,honestly. I used to think that atleast laptops/Desktops will be spared.But, "NO!" Anyways, My Opinion : I...
Nokia, the Finnish smartphone manufacturer had stunned everyone last year, when it launched the Nokia 808 PureView Camera that featured the astonishing 41 Mega Pixels! And now it seems like,...
Google Inc. is all set to open a chain of retail stores called 'Android Nation' in India later this year. Call it a we-do-what-sells strategy, if you may, but India...