How Action class in struts2 Handle Multithreading

How Action class in Struts2 handle multiple requests from client.Action class is not thread safe in struts2.How to handle concurrent requests.................

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    They don't have mutable class objects.
    If action class will have mutable class object then it will be problematic in mutithreading.
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    My question is how action class in struts2 ensure concurrency(thraed safty)...... I know action class is normal java class.I am working as java developer since last 2 year.Now my application working in multithreaded enviorment and its working fine .But how action class work........?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I don't have access to machine right now.
    I think there is saparate action classes classes are instantiated for each request.
    Can you make a instance variable and keep in loop in execute method. See how it works ?
    But I am sure there only one object cearted for FilterDispature servlet.
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    thanks ianoop.I highely appreciated ur valuable responce.
    I got answer from my "black book for struts2".Struts 2 Action objects are instantiated for each request, so there are no thread-safety issues.Actually FilterDispature servlet object created wn request maps in web.xml to varify url and call for ActionMapper class.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes this is difference between struts 1 and 2 .
    In struts 1 only one object of action will be created.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    ianoop
    Yes this is difference between struts 1 and 2 .
    In struts 1 only one object of action will be created.

Guys i'm new to java frameworks please suggest me some main topics to be covered in spring and struct

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been looking to take up a new project for myself - being 100% honest for 2 full days and maybe if it works out well; then for 4 days...
Woof! Woof! Quote: The amazing and furry Porter 9-Volt, the musically inclined canine, performs a quick composition entitled "bow-wow-ruff-ruff." The hound dog mix has been training musically since his little...
What's the main different between auto-inverter and ups? And what are the thing to be considered in installing any? Thanks.
If you are a novice guitarist, the biggest challenge you have apart from finding the right notes & chords is to get the instrument tuned properly. A lot of dabbling...
When I was in college (those were the Windows 98 days!) Winamp was the king of all the music players. The service that served a lot of us is shutting...