Hero Splendor iSMART Price, Specs, Mileage And All That Matters

India's leading motorcycle maker Hero Motocorp has launched the much awaited Hero Splendor iSMART bike for Indian consumers. The new Splendor iSmart is equipped with the i3S technology which stands for Idle Stop and Start System. Before we discuss the price and specs, let us inform you that i3S is a proprietary technology developed by Hero's engineers that automatically shut the engine when the bike is idle and turn it on when required, with press of a clutch. The company claims that i3S technology allows for more mileage over its competitors.

Hero-Splendor-iSmart-Price-Mileage-India

The Splendor iSmart is powered by a 100 CC air cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder OHC engine capable of delivering about 7.8 Ps power at 7500 rpm. The max torque output is 0.82 Kg-m (8.04 NM) at 4500 revolutions per minute (rpm). The auto start and stop mechanism allows for saving of lot of fuel, which means your bike will cause less pollution during your regular city rides. Hero is said to have applied for a patent for this new technology and will roll it out in their upcoming motorcycles. The ex-showroom price of the Hero Splendor iSmart is as follows:-
  • Delhi: Rs. 47,250
  • Mumbai: Rs. 49,967
  • Chennai: Rs. 48,192
  • Kolkata: Rs. 48,549
  • Bangalore: Rs. 48,014
The new Splendor arrives in four color to suit your preferences viz. Sporty Red, Leafy Green, Blue and Heavy Grey. We could not get any official information about the mileage; however reports suggest that i3S technology adds an extra 10% over regular Splendor models.

The bike offers a regular 4-speed constant mesh gearbox and a multiplate wet clutch. The suspensions are both hydraulic and the brakes are both internal expanding shoe type. The kerb weight of the bike is about 110 Kg. We learn that the delivery of the bikes has already began at Hero showrooms all over India. If anyone among our CEans got a chance to take a test ride of the bike, we'd request you to post a detailed review.

We look forward to your opinions about the new launch from Hero.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    100 marks for Hero.After a long time i am seeing a good bike launch.Great system of using ismart which we had discussed a lot in forum.Goood to have a semi classic bike of 100 cc arena
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Looks like the love child between Apache and Unicorn!
  • Harish Raju
    Harish Raju
    But i think this advanced feature will reduce the battery life due to frequent starting
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Harish Raju
    But i think this advanced feature will reduce the battery life due to frequent starting
    That is nothing new. The existing splendor+ model has the same problem.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Any word how the bike has done one year after its launch? Is it doing well? Have any of your friends bought it?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Intel’s plan to launch dual-boot devices has been ruined by Google and Microsoft. Dual-OS devices were one of the big stories at CES this year. Asus had announced the Transformer...
/* * main.c * * Created on: 13 Mar 2014 * Author: Aadit */ #include #include #include #include #include #define PRINT_HELP printf("Help commands \n: start...
After a long wait, VLC - one of the most popular media player - has now been deployed on the Windows Store for Windows 8 users. The latest version of...
Galen Church submitted a new project: bndr - cloud tool for creating, managing, and sharing hardware-projects bndr is a new tool for the maker, engineer, and manufacturer. It allows the...