Help : Remote COntrolling PC using Mobile via GPRS : Java

Hi,

I am doing my 6th semseter Btech in I.T and need to do a project...

So the topic I choose is to control a PC by using a mobile phone... via GPRS...

The concept is like this...

Code a j2ME app that has some buttons which corresponds to common tasks like taskmgr, xmms player , mplayer2 etc...

Upon clicking this button the corresponding Application should invoke in PC..

But nned guidelines and coding support as i only knew basic java....

If anybody here have already done it, plz provide me with the project report....

Expected timespan of project is 2 months....

Is it feasible and simple...

Expecting an early reply...

Replies

• Pechu
    Pechu
    Yes, its possible. One of my lecturer was trying this out.

Just run a Java Server(i think Tomcat) in the PC. Develop the application for your mobile phone using java.
    You can connect to the server running in your PC from your mobile using the PC's WAN ip ( which is found by #-Link-Snipped-# )

Now you are connected. Hit the buttons you developed in the mobile application and watch the magic 😎
  • manuv
    manuv
    @ pachu

I know the idea on how to do it.. But i dunno how it can be implemenmted. I have only feeble programming knowledgfe in java and none at all in j2me.. so need guidance on how to program the stuff..

Is it risky to proceed with it..

My time span is just 2-3 Months....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Guys, We have started a blog and one of the scetion is Altium Designer tips hope you find it useful. You can find it here. Chris
The TechCrunch baby, which is no longer TechCrunchs', "JooJoo" will be launched on December 11,2009, says the Fusion Garage CEO Chandrasekar Rathakrishnan. Fusion Garage has pegged the price of the...
Version: 1.10.01 File Size: 2032 License: Free Operating System: Windows 2000,Windows 9.x,Windows Vista,Windows 7 If your business requires you to respond to e-mail or mail requests, The Form Letter Machine...
Hi CEans, Join the Fight against Global warming and help spread awareness of the issues at hand. We're working hard to make others more aware of the growing problem of...
1. Hang To Hona Hi Tha !!!!!!!!!!!! 2. Meri Disc Tumhare Paas Hai 3. Aao Chat Kare 4. Programmer No.1 5. Mera Naam Developer 6. Java Wale Job Le Jayenge...