About Global Warming

Hi CEans,

Join the Fight against Global warming and help spread awareness of the issues at hand. We're working hard to make others more aware of the growing problem of global warming.

Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of the Earth's near-surface air and oceans since the mid-20th century

Post Global warming article here...

#-Link-Snipped-#

Display this logo on your website or blog!

[url=https://www.globalwarming.org.in] [img]https://www.globalwarming.org.in/fightglobalwarming.jpg[/img] [/url]
P S :- Keep This Thread Alive.....😀

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Thank you Mahesh for posting this

I had also started such type of thread on countdown to copenhagen that related to such issues but no one posted in that..

As I sincerely feel that we are the generation who have to step ahead to work towards saving the environment

As it is said "Charity begins at home"

If we understand the critical nature of this problem then we can influence others to do the same

I will surely try to keep this thread alive and I would like to request other CEans to do the same
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Good initiative.

PS: added to logo to my blog.
  • cranky
    cranky
    Nice topic there.So,probably as Engineers we could help in the technical part of it.We could have contests on global warming(is Big_k listening;-))For instance,improvising design of certain application😒
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great!

Yes there are many adverse effects due to global warming!!

A nice initiative, we should do something as a group to reduce a bit atleast!
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    @ sarvesh, gaurav, cranky, E S :- Thanks for taking interest...😛

Paper is made by cutting down trees ruthlessly.

[​IMG]..... [​IMG]

Printing is absolutely necessary for modern day exchange , but unfortunately a lot of waste is generated.

.......#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sachin.kinkar
    sachin.kinkar
    Hello guys,

I recently joined this forum. It is nice to see all such kind of initiatives that are taken by you members. To help the least I added logos to my signature. I hope this will help readers a bit to be aware of the issue ...

Thanks
    Sachin
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Very nice initiative here..!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    sachin.kinkar
    Hello guys,

I recently joined this forum. It is nice to see all such kind of initiatives that are taken by you members. To help the least I added logos to my signature. I hope this will help readers a bit to be aware of the issue ...

Thanks
    Sachin
    Thats great Sachin, Welcome to CE.

Please post your introduction in the below format in the Introductions thread.

Be active on this forum you will find it helpful 😀

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    sachin.kinkar
    Hello guys,

Thanks
    Sachin
    Welcome to CE family
    Hope you have a great time here
    Waiting for your Short introduction

P S :-Thanks for adding logos in your signature
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Great initiative mahesh!

you are proving to be CEan, 😁
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    [​IMG]
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    after reading all above valuable comments ...i had some suggestions :
    1>see printing is not at all urgent in todays comm. if proper infras in position.Companies like Airtel,Hutch in telecom domain & many other are making it more aggesively to use Ebill & earn gifts...what an idea""
    2>Secondly its to be on note that Crazy Engineers should focus strictly onto GLOBAL WARMING as an idea on priority at wherever posiible into the GUI.
    3>Several banners & hostings we have to do urgently at wherever we move

Note:a)One big thing that i heard & took seriuously from Coppenhagen Global summit is that reserachers across had given a deadline that in coming 10 years we have to have prevent the crisis ,so as to make it save us!
    b)Countries like antartica etc are simply in bad shape & china,India,African countries will have a tough call tendering this global warming agenda in position.
  • gohm
    gohm
    To me, part of the issue is the focus of the sollution. Cap and trade will do little to reduce effects, only relocate it.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    You are right upto some extent gohm

It is right that the focus should be on the solution but remember that these steps are also necessary in the meanwhile the measures start to take shape and yield positive results that we try to curb the ongoing spurt in harmful emissions as this will force companies to keep a check on their infrastructure and control the emissions
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    And as just2rock pointed out the companies are promoting E-bill statements among customers to save paper and thus save environment

for this Airtel even offers a 5% discount on the bill amount... isn't that good initiative?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    [​IMG]

An ice carving of a polar bear by sculptor Mark Coreth stands in Trafalgar Square, London. The piece will gradually melt during the Copenhagen summit to symbolise the plight of polar bears in the Arctic where melting ice is threatening their survival.
  • allinmark
    allinmark
    Global Warming

Why is it these fundamental evolution believes say "that mankind can manipulate it's enviroment"

but the minute global warming is mentioed and THEY have to do something, Mankind CAN'T manipulate the enviroment. It's all natural.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    I am able to get you allin can you please elaborate what do you want to say?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    developed nations are already habituated to the energy consumption what they did when they were developing , and developing countries need energy to develop and be a strong economy. Neither of them will accept upon cutting emissions from there end.This is more of a compromise between the economic stature and environment.
    I think green jobs can bring about this change .
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    You are right Durga but then there can be ways adopted to improve the quality of production ways tighter environment norms to help contribute if not reduce consumption

and India has agreed to cut significant carbon emissions in the coming years in the Copenhagen Summit
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    [​IMG]
  • gohm
    gohm
    One developing area that can play a role is in design and construction of buildings. Buildings account for 40% of greenhouse gas emissions.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Mahesh, please also check this thread:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Not directly related, but might give you some ideas on how CEans can practically fight global warming, one step at a time.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    @ ash :- Really nice ideas.......😎

Tips are cool
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    mahesh_dahale
    [​IMG]
    Good picture mahesh,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1. Hang To Hona Hi Tha !!!!!!!!!!!! 2. Meri Disc Tumhare Paas Hai 3. Aao Chat Kare 4. Programmer No.1 5. Mera Naam Developer 6. Java Wale Job Le Jayenge...
Hi, I'm new to this forum so I am unsure if this is the right forum for me. I need a software developer to build me a web-based audio making...
Twitter now has a new mobile interface, reportedly to replace the existing m.twitter.com. The interface is designed to be compatible with even the iPhone and Android OS and will also...
Security firm AVG is predicting that in 2010 the threat environment will witness higher volumes of web-threats and be even more transient, agile and organised. Some of the threats expected...
The Sri Lankans have a decent batting lineup, bolstered by veteran Sanath Jayasuriya, and the return to form of skipper Kumar Sangakkara. Dilshan, in particular, holds the key for the...