Header tags in HTML

I came to know that

tag doesn't only adjusts the size of the text within it, but also nominates the text for search engines,i.e text written within header tag is more likely to be recognized by the search engines than other text in the webpage.

So,the question here is, does the text within this tag is given more priority than the other text,although the other text is greater in size?,i.e.Does it depends on size of text in any case?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    No there is no relation with size..
    Even you can resize using h1,h2,h3,h5...
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    That means,text within

tag will be given more priority by search engines?Right..?

• rahul69
    rahul69
    Whats In Name
    That means,text within

tag will be given more priority by search engines?Right..?

It actually depends on search engine logic. Different Search engines seem to use different criteria for keyword detection.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, let's first understand what these 'tags' are. H1 - H6 are basically the 'title' tags - so that the text can be properly organised into various headings. As per the set norms, H1 is the top title tag with the highest importance and H6 has the lowest.

Search engines, at least the major ones like Google & Bing, would give a lot of important to H1 tag, simply because it tells them about the topic of the article.

For example, on CE, the title of every thread is tagged 'H1', because it tells the search engine what the topic is about. Then the search engines will use their own algorithms to figure out the overall worth of the article. The whole process is complicated; but the answer to your questions whether H1 tags are treated specially is yes.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    thanks for enligtening me with the concept of this tags .hope this might be useful in my upcoming exams

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Infosys has been nominated to work on the Indian government's MCA-21 e-Governance project. The overall worth of the project is about Rs. 357.81 crore. The project is believed to be...
how to download java development kit latest version on my laptop having 32-bit windows 7 configuration ? also help me with downloading of SQL server .PLEASE DO HELP for heaven's...
Okay, here's something really to look forward to - the Japanese electronics major Sony has dropped a big hint that they'll announce something 'big' related to their Playstation brand. Now,...
I need to know all about SOLAR POWERED SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS. Please help.
Infosys seems to have delayed the joining dates again. I've been mailed by several candidates asking whether the joining dates for all the candidates recruited in the current season have...