Have you officially joined any political party?

Curious to know how many of our CEans have officially became the members of a political party. You may belong to any country; I'm curious to know which party have you joined, what were your reasons to join and any new things you've learned after joining it.

PS: I'm yet to join any political party; and I hope political rivalry remains out of CE's fence.

PS2: If you haven't joined any party - do you intend to join any? If yes, tell us about it.

PS3: If you are determined that you won't join a political party EVER; do let us know the reasons behind your decision 😀

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I remember going house to house in my town with my younger sisters canvassing for congress in the first election saying 'vote in the auspicious yellow box'. There were no symbols only coloured boxes. My uncles from both side of the family had gone to jail fighting for independence. I remember that Congress was recruiting members at quarter rupee entrance fee for a permanent membership.

My uncle told me that he was planning to put the whole family as members.

Children were not allowed, I think. That was my last political exercise. I never checked whether I was a registered member of the INC.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I was planning to join Aam Aadmi Party, but looking at their recent activities and speeches of their leaders, I guess I am gonna wait and watch till general elections!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I had high hopes from AAP. But have almost given up on them. I'm going to stay away from joining any political party as of now. Reason: I am just studying politics in my own way and it's going to take time.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If anyone know the History, Mulayam and Lalu Yadav also came out of social movement of Jayaprakash Narayan for fighting corruption and they got such huge success in their debut polls just like Kejriwal.

And I am 99% sure that AAP is going to support Congress in general elections by saying congress is supporting them in Delhi.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CBSE is again going to change the educational system in India. As a part of that campaign, The Open Text-Based Assessment (OTBA) will be launched as a pilot project for...
If this is 2000 years old, may be the puspaka vimana and others of Indian mythology were real too. Quote: EXPAND X-rays and advanced photography have uncovered the true complexity...
So, Forbes happened to publish a list of the best companies for engineering students to work for in 2013. The names in the list are as follows - NASA Google...
Absolute Zero makes a re-entry with the tech predictions for 2014. Thanks to the overwhelming response to Absolute Zero Engineering Humor at -273.15 Celsius. We hope you will enjoy the...
Samsung Smart Home service, which connects all home appliances like Smart TVs, smartphones, refrigerators, washing machines, digital cameras, the Galaxy Gear, etc via a single integrated platform and server, is...