Happy Birthday 'Linux'

So, twenty two years are completed of Linux. 22 years ago, Linus torvalds first publicly released Linux.

Here's the #-Link-Snipped-# of Linux :

Hello everybody out there using Linux -

I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, even if it's big and professional) for 486+ AT clones and just about anything else out there under the sun. This has been brewing since april 1991, and is still not ready. I'd like any feedback on things people like/dislike in Linux 3.11-rc7.

I originally ported bash(1.08) and gcc(1.40), but others have taken over user space and things still seem to work. This implies that I'll get the final 3.11 release within a week, and I'd like to know what features most people would want. Any suggestions are welcome, but I won't promise I'll implement them 😀
Yeah, I don't really want to get feature requests this late in the rc series...

But it is 22 years today since that email, and I would like people to try the current 3.11-rc7 kernel I just cut and uploaded to the usual places.
Happy Birthday Linux. 😁

Here's our mascot 'Tux' :
[​IMG]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 22nd anniversary of Linux, linux community have released Linux 3.11-rc7 which includes some major features like :
- Radeon 8000 HD Sealand support.
- Wine support for Windows RT applications.
- Zswap caching
- Intel Bay Trail Graphics support
- Power consumption improvements
& few more.

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Happy birth day to the phenomena that changed the direction of the development of computer systems.....😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Happy Birthday!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's not new for the machines to beat humans in the games humans designed; the latest one being the Foosball. Students studying at Automatic Control Laboratory have designed a Foosball...
​ Hello everybody. I have a set of ideas on designing a concept hybrid car, with more efficiency. One important part, is using piezoelectric materials on any element that is...
Guys, Is there any other advanced method to check the Internal & External thread profiles apart from the conventional thread ring & plug gages? We do have profile projectors &...
Understanding Engineers #1: Two engineering students were biking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?" The second engineer replied, "Well, I was...
UDFj-39546284 holds the record for the most distant galaxy found so far. Its light which has reached us now has been traveling for 13.4 billion years before reaching us, which...