Hand powered mobile charger - engineering project for third or final year

The batteries in the modern electronic devices are unable to cope up with the power demands and often die out in few hours. Unfortunately, power points may not be available 100% of the times when you are running out of battery and want to perform that important task or make a call to your boss. The hand powered mobile charger will solve that problem for ever.

The project would involve developing a mechanism of the size of a regular phone that would let the user press a clutch repeatedly and then convert this mechanical energy into electric energy. A kickstarter project, called Mipwr has developed this as seen in the video -

I'm sure this can very well be a third or final year engineering project.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is right. I remember that in the early post war days, there used to be a hand operated torch light. You held it in the palm with the lever under the base of the thumb and repeatedly squeezed the lever. It used to make a whirring noise as the speed increase gears worked and the tungsten bulb used to glow. Depending on the input the light would be dim to bright. If the squeezing was slow the bulb would wax and wane.
    If I remember right it was an AC generator.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    30 seconds of talk-time with about a minute of hand-exercise to charge the mobile. Not a bad deal, I must say.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    yes its a great idea and solves the problem of low power source in smart phones.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Autonomous cars are soon going to be the future of personal transport but since the technology is still in the nascent stage these innovative cars have to go through years...
Fossil fuels will surely be extinct in the future, we all are aware of that, but what will succeed these gas guzzlers? The question has puzzled many thinkers and while...
Hey Guys, I have observed that Chrome has been acting weird after the latest update. The browser cache function is totally out of order and it does not clear even...
I am also btech in computer science 2009 passed but i never love computers and i did btech because my parents wants me and as a na samaj i did....
Check it out guys.It is one of the fine dubstep i had ever watched.