Guitar - Hobner or Hobmer

Hi All Guitarist at CE,

DO any of you have any idea which is a better guitar "Hobner or Hobmer"
Or they are the same?

Actually I am a newbie in music world and want to go for a one... but not sure what to take... so your advise are welcome... Although i surfed and came to know than "Hobner 265" is a good option... but still if anyone else can suggest better options (within range 3K.. India), that will be of great help for me as well as for all newbie...

Thanks in Advance,
-CrazyBoy๐Ÿ˜

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • Anil Jain

    @CrazyBoy • Jul 9, 2008

    Bigii.. waiting for reply

    -Crazy

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Jul 9, 2008

    Hobner is the original brand and to the best of my knowledge, Hobmer was derived from it.

    For a newbie, the brand shouldn't make any difference. Go for a medium sized Hobner acoustic guitar if your budget is 3k Indian Rupees.

    All the best, happy guitaring.

  • Anil Jain

    @CrazyBoy • Jul 10, 2008

    The_Big_KHobner is the original brand and to the best of my knowledge, Hobmer was derived from it.

    For a newbie, the brand shouldn't make any difference. Go for a medium sized Hobner acoustic guitar if your budget is 3k Indian Rupees.

    All the best, happy guitaring.

    As per my knowledge logo of both Hobmer and Hobner are quite different..:sshhh: still don't know...

    I am going for Hobner 265....

    Anyways Thanks a lot for your help. Happy Guitaring

    -Crazy

  • gohm

    @gohm-F3UUpP • Jul 11, 2008

    Yep, pick up a cheap beginners guitar, no sense making the investment until you are sure you'll stick with it and you obtain the experience to notice the subtleties.

  • KINETIC_JOULES

    @kinetic-joules-Qk9kmk • Jul 11, 2008

    I've never played either one, so I couldn't tell you which one would be best. I own 5 guitars. I have:
    Fender: Squire <---- Electric
    Washburn: Lyon <--- Electric
    Alvarez <--- Acoustic (With homemade pickup)
    Dean: Flying V <--- Acoustic/Electric
    and one homemade. <--- Electric

  • Ashraf HZ

    @Ash • Jul 11, 2008

    Uh.. does my air guitar count? ๐Ÿ˜›

  • KINETIC_JOULES

    @kinetic-joules-Qk9kmk • Jul 11, 2008

    ashUh.. does my air guitar count? ๐Ÿ˜›

    Pssh! Duh! That's the most cooliest kind!!!

  • gohm

    @gohm-F3UUpP • Jul 11, 2008

    I have a creme les paul, a blue gretsch with bigsby & a seagull acoustic. I've had about 4-6 others in the past of various quality. My main weakness is effects. I have a large pile of pedals, processors and the like laugh. Hardly find time to play nowdays which is sad. My Gretsch is my fave as i like to play rockabilly, surf, pyschobilly. When 80's big hair rock moments hit me that is when I use the Gibson, lol. I used to have this old 1970's $20 Sears electric that was total trash & people laughed until they heard all the crazy feedback & noise you could generate because the pickups were actually microphones (talk about low quality!). Jimi Hendrix would have loved it. You could even talk through the guitar. Horrible action on it. Vary niche item however I miss having it.

    Sorry to have diverted the thread a bit ๐Ÿ˜€

  • KINETIC_JOULES

    @kinetic-joules-Qk9kmk • Jul 13, 2008

    gohmI have a creme les paul, a blue gretsch with bigsby & a seagull acoustic. I've had about 4-6 others in the past of various quality. My main weakness is effects. I have a large pile of pedals, processors and the like laugh. Hardly find time to play nowdays which is sad. My Gretsch is my fave as i like to play rockabilly, surf, pyschobilly. When 80's big hair rock moments hit me that is when I use the Gibson, lol. I used to have this old 1970's $20 Sears electric that was total trash & people laughed until they heard all the crazy feedback & noise you could generate because the pickups were actually microphones (talk about low quality!). Jimi Hendrix would have loved it. You could even talk through the guitar. Horrible action on it. Vary niche item however I miss having it.

    Sorry to have diverted the thread a bit ๐Ÿ˜€

    I have a Wah Wah. I like 90's Alt. Rock and Grunge. . . and I like metal. . . but I too, have gone off topic.

  • samarjeetsaigal

    @samarjeetsaigal-SMCw6m • Jul 21, 2008

    It doesn't matter wheather it's a hobmer or hobner, as you are a beginner and you should concentrate on the sound quality rather than on the brand. If the guitar you want to buy sounds good then go for it and after that when you will be perfect in guitar, just go for the electric one.
    Play and enjoy