Guitar - Hobner or Hobmer

Hi All Guitarist at CE,

DO any of you have any idea which is a better guitar "Hobner or Hobmer"
Or they are the same?

Actually I am a newbie in music world and want to go for a one... but not sure what to take... so your advise are welcome... Although i surfed and came to know than "Hobner 265" is a good option... but still if anyone else can suggest better options (within range 3K.. India), that will be of great help for me as well as for all newbie...

Thanks in Advance,
-CrazyBoy😁

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Bigii.. waiting for reply

-Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hobner is the original brand and to the best of my knowledge, Hobmer was derived from it.

For a newbie, the brand shouldn't make any difference. Go for a medium sized Hobner acoustic guitar if your budget is 3k Indian Rupees.

All the best, happy guitaring.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Hobner is the original brand and to the best of my knowledge, Hobmer was derived from it.

For a newbie, the brand shouldn't make any difference. Go for a medium sized Hobner acoustic guitar if your budget is 3k Indian Rupees.

All the best, happy guitaring.
    As per my knowledge logo of both Hobmer and Hobner are quite different..:sshhh: still don't know...

I am going for Hobner 265....

Anyways Thanks a lot for your help. Happy Guitaring

-Crazy
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yep, pick up a cheap beginners guitar, no sense making the investment until you are sure you'll stick with it and you obtain the experience to notice the subtleties.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I've never played either one, so I couldn't tell you which one would be best. I own 5 guitars. I have:
    Fender: Squire <---- Electric
    Washburn: Lyon <--- Electric
    Alvarez <--- Acoustic (With homemade pickup)
    Dean: Flying V <--- Acoustic/Electric
    and one homemade. <--- Electric
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Uh.. does my air guitar count? 😛
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    ash
    Uh.. does my air guitar count? 😛
    Pssh! Duh! That's the most cooliest kind!!!
  • gohm
    gohm
    I have a creme les paul, a blue gretsch with bigsby & a seagull acoustic. I've had about 4-6 others in the past of various quality. My main weakness is effects. I have a large pile of pedals, processors and the like laugh. Hardly find time to play nowdays which is sad. My Gretsch is my fave as i like to play rockabilly, surf, pyschobilly. When 80's big hair rock moments hit me that is when I use the Gibson, lol. I used to have this old 1970's $20 Sears electric that was total trash & people laughed until they heard all the crazy feedback & noise you could generate because the pickups were actually microphones (talk about low quality!). Jimi Hendrix would have loved it. You could even talk through the guitar. Horrible action on it. Vary niche item however I miss having it.

Sorry to have diverted the thread a bit 😀
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    gohm
    I have a creme les paul, a blue gretsch with bigsby & a seagull acoustic. I've had about 4-6 others in the past of various quality. My main weakness is effects. I have a large pile of pedals, processors and the like laugh. Hardly find time to play nowdays which is sad. My Gretsch is my fave as i like to play rockabilly, surf, pyschobilly. When 80's big hair rock moments hit me that is when I use the Gibson, lol. I used to have this old 1970's $20 Sears electric that was total trash & people laughed until they heard all the crazy feedback & noise you could generate because the pickups were actually microphones (talk about low quality!). Jimi Hendrix would have loved it. You could even talk through the guitar. Horrible action on it. Vary niche item however I miss having it.

Sorry to have diverted the thread a bit 😀
    I have a Wah Wah. I like 90's Alt. Rock and Grunge. . . and I like metal. . . but I too, have gone off topic.
  • samarjeetsaigal
    samarjeetsaigal
    It doesn't matter wheather it's a hobmer or hobner, as you are a beginner and you should concentrate on the sound quality rather than on the brand. If the guitar you want to buy sounds good then go for it and after that when you will be perfect in guitar, just go for the electric one.
    Play and enjoy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all, i was wondering why the arrangement of alphabet keys isnt in the order in which they actually are?? has it got something to do with typing speed? I...
Hi everyone, My name is Shane and I am from Philadelphia, PA. I am a software engineer and I also work part-time from home. Basically I just want to earn...
Hi All, There are many reasons that people decide to make money online. There are those who lost their jobs, stay at home moms, those who want to be their...
Hello to all members of this wonderful site! Our aim is to unite engineers across the world. Although I think majority of the members are from India, there are few...
CHAK DE INDIA....celebrating womanhood No!!! shahrukh khan is not going to get a filmfare award for the movie...nor am i expecting a national award for him...even an oscar would only...