GRE Tips & Tricks

Had your dose of GRE? Its time to share your experiences, tips & tricks. Let others benefit from your experience. Got tips about cracking Verbal, Analytical and Quantitative sections? Put them here!

Hapee Posting

-The Big K-

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guys!

This place is almost dead! Any volunteers to jumpstart this section? πŸ˜€

I'm pretty messed up with a few *important 😁 * things. Do bring in your questions, comments.

Whos' gonna lead this section ?

-The Big K-
  • prernasancheti
    prernasancheti
    Is the portion of gre going to change next year ?pls send me true .........
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    which books to refer for GRE??
    i m in Electronics and Communication branch,
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    limestone7000
    which books to refer for GRE??
    i m in Electronics and Communication branch,
    The best book for GRE is Barrons. For the verbal part, you'll have to memorize the words which are all listed in Barrons. As, far as the Quants(Quantitative Analysis) and Analytical writing is concerned, you'll have to practice as much as you can, from Barrons or any other source. It's not something you can memorize. You need to point out the crux of the problems and try to solve it logically not theoretically.
  • pulikandlakishan
    pulikandlakishan
    when do gre tests are being held? i am new to this area.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    pulikandlakishan
    The GRE is held all over the world. You'll have to find out the approved GRE center (you can get the information from GRE official website). Also, the GRE is held throughout the year, and the candidate must register his/her exam date in advance.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    pulikandlakishan
    You also have to submit your passport while applying for the test. So, make sure you have your passport ready by the time you have decided to take the GRE exam.
  • pulikandlakishan
    pulikandlakishan
    Nion
    You also have to submit your passport while applying for the test. So, make sure you have your passport ready by the time you have decided to take the GRE exam.
    can u please tell me in what areas of study this gre test will be held? I am doing my btech Electronics and communications.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    To the best of my knowledge, the GRE conducts test in following three sections...

Analytical Writing
    :
    It measure critical thinking and analytical writing skills.
    It basically tests the ability to express complex ideas clearly in writing.

Verbal Reasoning:
    It measures reading comprehension skills and verbal and analogical reasoning skills.

Quantitative Reasoning:
    It tests the candidate's problem-solving ability, focusing on basic concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis.
  • pulikandlakishan
    pulikandlakishan
    can u please tell me Gre official website address?
    The_Big_K
    The GRE is held all over the world. You'll have to find out the approved GRE center (you can get the information from GRE official website). Also, the GRE is held throughout the year, and the candidate must register his/her exam date in advance.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here it is : - #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All ! 'Jobs & Opportunities' section was added to CE forums with no particular aim in mind. But since we got no content to put here πŸ˜› , do...
hi crazy enggs, i m workin on a project " kinematics analysis of hydraulic shovel and its automation for optimum efficiency and digging time" ... for this i want to...
To All CraZy EnGiNeErS !! 😁 HaPpy New YeaR 😁 May this New year bring all the Hapeeness and Joys and Luck and Crazy Ideas 😁 in your life !...
Hi All CEans! 😁 Its hard for me to believe 2005 is over. At the same time, its great pleasure to write this HapPy New Year Message on January the...
Hey why not start a thread for Bollywood moviesπŸ˜€ Here is a good movie coming up(for me it is gud as Shahrukh is coming back after a long timeπŸ˜€) details...