Got Bad Typing Skills On Mobile Phone? Try BlindType!

I saw this video and thought this could have been a GREAT final year project for engineering students.

See how a simple problem has been solved by these folks. Watch the video:

[video=youtube;7gDF4ocLhQM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gDF4ocLhQM[/video]

Replies

• cooltwins
    cooltwins
    whoa...!!!

that was awesome... 😛
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Cool. Someone stop them!! Whoa!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    how does it work?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Wow!! Awesome..

But how does it work? What's the algorithm behind this?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the software does not form correct words at random. From what I understood, if you wish to type the word "HELLO", and because of smaller keyboard, if you end up pressing keys "J - R - K - K - P " (note, the keys pressed are placed very near to the keys that should have been pressed) the software will try to guess the best possible word. With this, for every key pressed, the software will have to consider multiple number of keys and related words.

This is a FANTASTIC example of how innovation can happen by trying to solve everyday problems. No wonder Google acquired this company for millions of dollars. However, there are thousands of opportunities (aka problems) around us; each has a potential to earn you millions of dollars.

Think about it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the software does not form correct words at random. From what I understood, if you wish to type the word "HELLO", and because of smaller keyboard, if you end up pressing keys "J - R - K - K - P " (note, the keys pressed are placed very near to the keys that should have been pressed) the software will try to guess the best possible word. With this, for every key pressed, the software will have to consider multiple number of keys and related words.

This is a FANTASTIC example of how innovation can happen by trying to solve everyday problems. No wonder Google acquired this company for millions of dollars. However, there are thousands of opportunities (aka problems) around us; each has a potential to earn you millions of dollars.

Think about it!
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Awesome...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, i am an undergraduate student of mechanical engineering and production technology in Finland, I just joined this site. I hope i get more professional tips here....😀
//java CopyFile aage.txt boxdemo.txt import java.io.*; class copyfile { public static void main(String args[])throws IOException { int i; FileInputStream fin; FileOutputStream fout; try { fin=new FileInputStream(args[0]); } catch(FileNotFoundException e) {...
Hi, Currently i am using Proteus 7.4SP3 to simulate the AD633 multiplier. The two input is a trend of pulses and i want to get the output. The problem is...
Continuing its electric car research, Mercedes-Benz has begun series production of 500 E-Cell electric cars. The new E-Cell uses the Mercedes-Benz A-class platform, with an electric power train provided by...
BlackBerry smart phone creators have granted India's government with manual access to its Messenger service and has promised automated access by 1st of January thereby enabling authorities to track such...