Google Tests Interface Optimized for Infinite Scrolling

Alon Laudon spotted a new interface being experimented for Google's results pages.

The most important change is that most navigation elements continue to be visible even when you scroll down.

The navigation bar, the search box and the search options sidebar have a fixed position, which means that you no longer have scroll to the top of the page to edit the query or switch to a specialized search engine.

Page preview is a little different - the button appears to the side of the result text preview instead of to the side of the result webpage name. The site also doesn't pop up the preview when you simply click something inside the text, you have to hover over the magnifying glass icon.

Check:

[video=youtube;8cWYZculurU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cWYZculurU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Cyber war is described as a 'politically motivated' hacking to conduct sabotage and espionage. It is a form of information warfare. It has been defined by government security expert Richard...
If you are using Hotmail, you can find the ''My Friend Has Been Hacked' feature in the “Mark as” menu. It can be used by users to report compromised accounts...
Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Labour has banned women from construction jobs and many areas of metal manufacture in a newly published statement that aims to clarify its gender expectations. Adel...
Understand the basics of Vapors Power Cycle. Lecture Series on Basic Thermodynamics by Prof.S.K. Som, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your...
Hey guys, I don't know whether this is an appropriate question to be posted on this website but I could think of no other site for this query. I hope...