Google+ Photo Tagging Feature: "Find My Face"

Google is introducing the new face recognition feature to enable the photo tagging of the images on its social networking site, Google+. The feature, named "Find My Face" closely resembles the Facebook tagging feature, but in contrast to Facebook, where we select the person who we want to tag, this Google+ feature automatically suggests the name of the person in the picture, and the user has the option to either approve or reject the tag suggestion.#-Link-Snipped-#

The difference between Facebook's photo tag feature and the Find My Face feature is that while the Facebook tag feature is an opt-out feature, Find My Face is an opt-in feature. In simple terms, Facebook tag feature gets activated by default and one has to deactivate it accordingly, whereas Find My Face expects you to enable the option, thus letting the user have his/her way out.

Making an announcement about the new feature, #-Link-Snipped-#, Engineering Lead on the Google+ Photos team stated that while uploading a lot of photos, tagging people in all of them becomes an unnecessary burden. To totally eliminate this, Find My Face was launched, which when enabled directly prompts the name of people in the photo. The user then has to just accept or reject the tag suggestion, thus making his/her job a lot more simpler. Do check this feature out. After all its all up to you guys to decide whether this feature really stands up to the hype or not.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are a bunch of visual audio editing softwares out there, but what we always looking for is an easy to use tool, to make audio editing painless. Spectral Layers...
Collecting samples from various places and then studying it is perhaps an old professor's routine job. However it might not be as simple when you want data from a comet...
At the SuperComputing 2011 (SC11) conference in Seattle, a team containing the combination of high-energy physicists, engineers, and computer scientists, set a new world record for internet data transfer speed...
NVIDIA, the leading graphics card manufacturer is opening up the CUDA platform for software developers and researchers by releasing the NVIDIA® CUDA®LLVM-based compiler source code. The company wants to enable...
Christmas is fast approaching and Ford is all out for delivering high efficiency products for the New Year. The Global auto company is getting ready for starting the production of...