1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Google Chrome Streaming Video Issue

Question asked by Jeffrey Arulraj in #Coffee Room on Sep 8, 2013
Jeffrey Arulraj
Jeffrey Arulraj · Sep 8, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
My friend tried to stream live events from #Livestream.com. But the problem is that the video is buffering a lot. he is not able to stream at all. The video buffering is taking ages

He has the latest version of google chrome And the default plugin is installed in it

I am not using Chrome So I hardly know the solution

One more thing he has a really high speed connectivity of about 7.1Mbps So the speed seems okayish

The strange thing is that I am able to stream the same site in Firefox in the same system Only in Chrome the site is not opening any possible reasons for the issue. Do post Posted in: #Coffee Room
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Sep 8, 2013
Rank A1 - PRO
Thread moved to gadgets/software/apps section.

What I want to know if your friend is using a vanilla installation of Chrome or has add-ons installed? I'd recheck if any of the addons is interfering with the buffers. Chrome could be a huge memory eater at times, especially with badly coded addons running; which might affect overall experience.
Jeffrey Arulraj
Jeffrey Arulraj · Sep 8, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
His version says that the ADOBE plugin is installed by default in his system.

He has no extra add ons installed in it seems I am not sure about the Vanilla installation

Yeah Size was nearly 400MB not sure about other details I will try to get him hooked here
Jeffrey Arulraj
Jeffrey Arulraj · Sep 15, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
-Bump- Any hints guys Still I am not able to locate the problem

Reinstalling is also not working out What actually is wrong with the current version of Chrome
Abhishek Rawal
Abhishek Rawal · Sep 15, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
You need healthy connection with good bandwidth for Live streaming. I don't think anything is wrong with Chrome, as Flash is installed within chrome-browser itself (pepper-flash).
durga ch
durga ch · Sep 15, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
chrome as such is considered a faster browser. please perform a speed test . you can use speedtest.net
Jeffrey Arulraj
Jeffrey Arulraj · Sep 15, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
Guys come on read the first post I have a speed test result of well over 1Mbps as the worst case scenario

And on the other hand I am able to stream it in Firefox without any trouble
Abhishek Rawal
Abhishek Rawal · Sep 15, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
Maybe, Live streaming ain't supported by Pepper-flash ? Try installing Chromium it doesn't comes with Pepper-flash, if video streams in Chromium & Firefox then it means that Pepper-flash ain't supporting live streaming.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up