CrazyEngineers
  • My friend tried to stream live events from #-Link-Snipped-#But the problem is that the video is buffering a lot. he is not able to stream at all. The video buffering is taking ages

He has the latest version of google chrome And the default plugin is installed in it

I am not using Chrome So I hardly know the solution

One more thing he has a really high speed connectivity of about 7.1Mbps So the speed seems okayish

The strange thing is that I am able to stream the same site in Firefox in the same system Only in Chrome the site is not opening any possible reasons for the issue. Do post
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorSep 7, 2013

Thread moved to gadgets/software/apps section.

What I want to know if your friend is using a vanilla installation of Chrome or has add-ons installed? I'd recheck if any of the addons is interfering with the buffers. Chrome could be a huge memory eater at times, especially with badly coded addons running; which might affect overall experience.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberSep 7, 2013

His version says that the ADOBE plugin is installed by default in his system.

He has no extra add ons installed in it seems I am not sure about the Vanilla installation

Yeah Size was nearly 400MB not sure about other details I will try to get him hooked here
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberSep 14, 2013

-Bump- Any hints guys Still I am not able to locate the problem

Reinstalling is also not working out What actually is wrong with the current version of Chrome
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberSep 14, 2013

You need healthy connection with good bandwidth for Live streaming. I don't think anything is wrong with Chrome, as Flash is installed within chrome-browser itself (pepper-flash).
    Cancel
  • durga ch

MemberSep 15, 2013

chrome as such is considered a faster browser. please perform a speed test . you can use speedtest.net
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberSep 15, 2013

Guys come on read the first post I have a speed test result of well over 1Mbps as the worst case scenario

And on the other hand I am able to stream it in Firefox without any trouble
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberSep 15, 2013

Maybe, Live streaming ain't supported by Pepper-flash ? Try installing Chromium it doesn't comes with Pepper-flash, if video streams in Chromium & Firefox then it means that Pepper-flash ain't supporting live streaming.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register