Google acquires Nik Software, the company behind snapseed

Google's has acquired Nik software the company that made the popular 'snapseed' photo editing application for iOS. Nik software offers a number of tools to the photographers to edit and make their photographs awesome. I'm however not sure about the plan Google's cooking up for the acquired app. Maybe they're developing an instagram like thing native to the Android?

In the recent times, Facebook spent out huge sums of money ( ~ $1 billion ) to acquire the simple photo-sharing app called 'Instagram'. It looks like all these mobile companies are going crazy after the photosharing apps. What do you think Google will do with Nik software?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's top tech boss Vic Gundotra has tweeted that Google+ service now has over 100 million active users on mobile and desktop combined. There's no information available on Google's definition...
hey engineers..... 😀😀
Greetings CrazyEngineers! I have a topic that I would like to discuss with you all: keeping up with the latest technology. We all know that technology is no longer developing...
i m studing in ECE 7th sem and i have capused to the compony but i have interested in to do any social service to my country how can achieve...