Google 7" Tablet To Ship In June

Google may start shipping their own 7" tablet in June, according to sources at Google 7-inch tablet PC to ship in June with initial volume of 600,000 units. It's rumored that Google will start with the first consignment of about 600,000 tablets and global launch of Google Tablet will follow in July. Google is rumored to be working with Asustek to launch their own branded tablet in the markets. The companies have declined to comment on the matter.

Google was expected to launch the tablet in May, however the design and development costs didn't meet their expectations and hence the delay. The product will now be shipped with minor adjustments.

Google is going to compete directly with Asus, Samsung Electronics and Acer in the 7" tablet PC markets. We're not sure whether Google will release the tablet with an updated version of Android Ice Cream Sandwich. We can very well expect the competition to go up in the Q3 and Q4 of 2012. What that means is the tablet prices will definitely come down.

It's not clear whether Google will retain the 'Nexus' brand for their own tablets. We've no idea about the pricing and how the tablet will look. We're waiting for the screenshots to leak.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What do you think will happen on December 21, 2012? Will the world end? Share your opinions and views. What do you think ? Share your views.
Sony's introduced a mechanical USB charger that can offer a minute of talk time for every 3 minutes of winding and about a minute of browsing experience for about 5...
hey hii my name is Nikhil Lokhande jst cmplted Engg 2 days b4 gt placed in Amdocs😁 any1 like 2 share his experience abt this company??
We have somewhat of a bad reputation in Northern Ireland and with a bloody terrorist conflict for over 30 years, one can see why. But there’s so much beauty around...
Hello friends , i am samir ranjan parhi . pursuing my B.Tech in centurion institute of technology , bhubaneswar,odisha,india.i m of electrical & electronics branch.now i m afinal year student...