Goji Smart Lock Lets You Open Doors With Smartphones Using App & Bluetooth

When the sizes of smartphones are getting so big that they can no more fit in your pocket, where does one keep the keys? Why not combine them in one? With that thought - Developer Gabriel Bestard-Ribas has unveiled a Goji Smart Lock and app at CES 2014 through his San Francisco based startup. So, what does the new piece of technology do? Well, it is an app that resides on your smartphone and unlocks the Goji lock as you move the smartphone near it - and all that through just Bluetooth connectivity. In fact, the Goji smart lock will not only get unlocked when it senses your smartphone near it, but will also greet you with your name. For this to work, you will of course have to get Goji Smart Lock installed on your wooden or metal door.

The Goji Smart Lock is adorned by a sleek, sophisticated design and its unique ability to send you real-time picture alerts via text or email of the individuals accessing your home with the Goji digital key you provided. What happens if you lose or misplace your phone? Well, canceling your phone's Goji access is easy. Using the Goji website or our 24-hour call center, you can cancel Goji access for your lost phone and request access to be transferred to another phone, effective immediately. You can regain control over your home access without changing or re-keying locks or worrying about anyone using your lost phone to gain access.

Goji-Lock โ€‹

For those who worry about the security very much, know that the communication protocol and data storage security implemented in this product are in accordance with bank industry standards. These include public/private key exchange, 256-bit encryption, and multiple layers of security to protect all components of our systems. Even the mechanical lock is UL-compliant. Goji provides full-featured iPhone and Android apps that allow these phones to connect to the Goji Smart Lock for the Home. It operates either on the phone's Internet connection, or for models that have it, with Bluetooth Low Energy.

How do you like the concept of Goji Lock? Does it feels secure enough to install in your homes? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Replies

• alina nishat
    alina nishat
    wooooooow!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    smart lock!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • alina nishat
    alina nishat
    please share any video regarding this stuff..... im w8ng to wtch it .... really smart lock ๐Ÿ˜€
  • alina nishat
    alina nishat
    moreover i wanna give a technical presentation on latest electronic/communication invention ... so i need a good topic ,,,,,,,,,,, is there any1 to suggest me ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Here is a video about Goji Smart Access Lock -
  • alina nishat
    alina nishat
    THANK YOU ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My pen drive and my phone's memory card were detected by malware, after scanning all the data in them was still not visible or was hidden. In my computer the...
As promised, here's the first ever 'behind the scenes' blog post on all the happenings at CrazyEngineers. In December 2013; we received an invite from the organisers at Visvesvaraya National...
ArthaKranti - a Pune based organisation has been proposing an alternative to the flawed taxation system in India. The proposal simplifies the entire taxation system to just on type of...
Hello everyone. I am Aditi. I did B.Tech in ECE in 2011. after that I worked at IIT Delhi as Project Associate for 8 months. I am interested in networking....
I think Playstation 4 is now available in most of the regions across the world. I'm curious to know how many of you have bought the Playstation 4 and how's...