CrazyEngineers
  • Hello everyone. I am Aditi. I did B.Tech in ECE in 2011. after that I worked at IIT Delhi as Project Associate for 8 months. I am interested in networking. Please suggest me what is the procedure to apply in companies? Should I do some course in networking to get a good job. Please suggest.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 12, 2014

Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-# . Training may help if you have no prior experience of working in the networking field. You should look at joining a certification course from an institute that has a good track record of placements. The most popular course seems to be the one from CISCO - CCNA and also CCNP.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Aditi Sharma 11

MemberJan 12, 2014

@#-Link-Snipped-# : Thank You for your reply. After leaving job I have gap of around one and half year. Will it create some problem in placements if I do course from some good institute? Also I am not very specific about networking. Suggest me some other good areas in which I can make career.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

Aditi Sharma 11
    @#-Link-Snipped-# : Thank You for your reply. After leaving job I have gap of around one and half year. Will it create some problem in placements if I do course from some good institute? Also I am not very specific about networking. Suggest me some other good areas in which I can make career.
    The gap shouldn't create any problem if you can justify using it to enhance your skills and had a genuine reason which you can convince to the recruiters.

I do not think it should be a problem to the recruiters if you are good at the skills they're looking for. That's the reason it's very important that you get into a good institute with a proven track record of recruitments.

For alternate career options, I'd always recommend that you should first identify your interest areas and then look for career opportunities. Since you belong to Electronics & Communication - career in telecom domain might suit you.

I'd also recommend looking at career options in Quality Engineering. There's a big shortage of testing engineers in the software industry and if you can learn basics of software testing and develop command over automation tools (viz. QTP); that should open quite a few job opportunities for you. The most ideal combination would be someone with knowledge of QTP and exposure to a scripting language like PERL.
    Cancel
  • Aditi Sharma 11

MemberJan 12, 2014

@#-Link-Snipped-# :1. To make a career in telecom domain which courses are good.Also suggest some institutions in jaipur which provide training in this field.

2. To learn basics of software testing is it necessary to learn some language like C or .net etc?Also suggest me name of good training institutes for automation tools and PERL? How much time an individual generally takes to learn these?
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

I'm not very familiar with networking / telecom domain. I'm tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# to help with your query.

2. Software testing mainly comprises of manual testing and automation testing. The basics of manual testing can be learned from any institute and it does not require a background in programming.

For automation testing, you will need knowledge of programming; which can be developed using good books. I'm quite sure you can learn PERL programming using books only and with the help of Internet. But if you've never been exposed to programming languages or computer programming in general; I'd recommend joining any institute to learn the basics of programming. PERL is easy to understand and learn - and it's all free so you can practise on your own computer.
    Cancel
  • durga ch

MemberJan 12, 2014

Aditi - do you have a specific feild of interest in networking?
    Cancel
  • Aditi Sharma 11

MemberJan 13, 2014

@#-Link-Snipped-#: I have studied Networking in B.Tech. I found it interesting but not anything specific in networking.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register