ArthaKranti - Proposal to revise taxation system in India : Fly Or Die?

ArthaKranti - a Pune based organisation has been proposing an alternative to the flawed taxation system in India. The proposal simplifies the entire taxation system to just on type of tax, called 'transaction tax'. It would be a simple, single point tax that'd be deducted at the source of transaction. The overall proposal is as follows -
  1. Withdraw existing taxation system completely. The only exception to this will be the customs and import duties that the official website claims that 'act as international trade balancer'.
  2. Introduce transaction tax for every transaction that routes through the bank. This could be about 2%, with Central, State and Local government bodies receiving ~0.70%, 0.60% and 0.35% respectively. The bank will have the remaining share; say 0.35%.
  3. Important: Removal of high denomination currency: above Rs. 50.
  4. Cash transaction will not attract any transaction tax.
  5. No legal protection to transactions that are above Rs.2000.
The proposal has been drafted by Mr. Anil Bokil, a mechanical engineer by profession and his work has been supported by several individuals and organisations as well. Do take a look at: #-Link-Snipped-#

Do you think ArthaKranti is a proposal that should fly or should it die? Do you see any obvious errors in the proposal? Do you think it's possible? Justify your stand.

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Not practical. If you have multiple accounts and you are transferring money from one a/c to another or you're lending support to your family members, you end up paying tax!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Not much feasible. I will prefer to do cash transaction. Say, I buy a property for 1 Cr cash instead of paying cheque. I will not attract stamp any duty.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - I think this can be easily tracked. I however like the point where lending support to family would lead to tax.

@#-Link-Snipped-# - I'd love to see you carry 1 crore cash with Rs. 50 notes (200,000 of them). ☕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think we should invite members of ArthaKranti in this debate. Do we have the questions ready? 😀
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I dont think it can survive as it does not have a good plan and strategy to really works well especially i dont like that issue on bank transaction and 50 denomination.
    It should be revised
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - I think this can be easily tracked. I however like the point where lending support to family would lead to tax.

@#-Link-Snipped-# - I'd love to see you carry 1 crore cash with Rs. 50 notes (200,000 of them). ☕
    2000 bundles, in one bag. Those who are keen on evading tax will find this way a bit cumbersome but useful too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone. I am Aditi. I did B.Tech in ECE in 2011. after that I worked at IIT Delhi as Project Associate for 8 months. I am interested in networking....
I think Playstation 4 is now available in most of the regions across the world. I'm curious to know how many of you have bought the Playstation 4 and how's...
Tata Nano - the people's car is back in 2014 with a power steering. Yep, today the Tata's have launched the new variant of the best mileage small car with...
hi what is this course about and how is it usable for future jobs..............or any industrial applications.........
I have read numerous article, news where workers are carpenter shops, cutting shops has loose there limbs with slight mistakes. Engineers have a though about it and come with with...