GATE 2016 : Engineering Mathematics

Recently , during my preparation for the GATE 2016 ,I came across a collection of solved previous years' papers provided by Made Easy.
In the first chapter "Linear Algebra" , we have basically the theory of Matrices and related operations. Later in the same chapter ,I find certain concepts related to Vector Spaces ,Sub-spaces ,Basis ,Dimensions ,Linear Dependence etc.It had a few questions but I could not get a clear view of what sort of questions the GATE may ask in the future in this area.
I would like to know , if anyone has some idea about the kinds of questions the GATE may ask in the future from the field of Vector Spaces and Linear Algebra.Most common books do not deal with these topics in detail.If there are any books for this topic , please suggest.
Thank You.

Replies

• vishnu tej
    vishnu tej
    My sincere request, firstly go through all the fundamentals and basics in each and every subject for GATE, then only go for solving previous papers.
    Below links may be helpful to you upto certain extent in understanding the concepts.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    All The Best 😀
  • Swapnil Suman
    Swapnil Suman
    vishnu tej
    My sincere request, firstly go through all the fundamentals and basics in each and every subject for GATE, then only go for solving previous papers.
    Below links may be helpful to you upto certain extent in understanding the concepts.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    All The Best 😀
    Thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As the big space research organisations across the world get ready to launch their upcoming missions, scientists are gearing up to better the existing technologies to support the spacecrafts in...
The Indian Institute of Technology will soon start offering medical courses. According to report published in Today's ET, IIT Kharagpur will soon start offering MBBS courses. The HRD ministry has...
I've been closely following the Indian entrepreneurship scene; with an aim to find out the trends. For example, what are the hottest domains for newbie entrepreneurs, which startups are getting...
Is this practical or lot of hot air? Quote: A combination of the U.S. Geological Survey’s ShakeAlert system, a magnetic-field architecture and a three-part building foundation system may enable buildings...
​ When I first heard about the HDMI dongle developed by an Indian startup (aka Mango Man Consumer Electronics Pvt. Ltd based out of Bangalore), I was pleasantly surprised. Teewe...