Gasoline Direct Injection

Is there any car in India which is coming with a petrol engine using GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) technology?
What I know is that every petrol engine nowadays uses fuel injectors which are basically port injectors, that are located on the intake ports rather than the combustion chamber. Only diesel injectors are located on the combustion chamber.

Also, if a petrol injector is used for direct injection i.e mounted on the combustion chamber, then will it be able to sustain high temperature of the combustion chamber?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lean production is a concept that many organization claim to be following. This is also not an exception for the people who offer Shigeo Shingo prize for best manufacturing plant....
Hello , I am a newcomer and I want to let you know that here is my articles collection at this address: metechakir.blogspot.com // Electrical engineering Articles
All current robots are preprogrammed. They are not cognitive. Cornell 'Varsity has made some progress on making a robot teach itself. Where will this end? Something like human cloning? The...
Hello Friends Kindly suggest me a laptop for following needs 1:- Light weight : not more than 2 KG (Most important) 2:- Screen Size: between 10 " - 14 "...
I am fix, so as to what can be used for transmitting power at 12000 rpm, whether to use V-belts or chains? which one would be more efficient for transmitting...