First Nikon D5000 and Canon T1i video clips appear

[​IMG]
It's kind of strange that the most anticipated sample media from the latest crop of DSLRs is actually HD video, but that's the way the market's going, and the new #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# are no exception. Demystifying Digital has footage from both, and while Nikon's newest seems to deliver essentially the same CMOS jelly-motion results from its 12.3 megapixel sensor as the #-Link-Snipped-#, the T1i is a pleasant surprise -- we're not seeing much wiggle at 720p, which might be a result of the higher-res 15 megapixel sensor. We'll wait to see full-res samples and some actual still images before we crown a winner, but we'll tell you right now that neither one of these is going to make us leave a dedicated camcorder behind when it's important -- the lack of autofocus and the windblown internal mics just don't cut it. Videos after the break.

#-Link-Snipped-# - Nikon D5000
#-Link-Snipped-# - Canon T1i#-Link-Snipped-#

Filed under: #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# originally appeared on Engadget | Technology News & Reviews on Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:42:00 EST. Please see our #-Link-Snipped-#.

#-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• adenauero
    adenauero
    Canon’s new EOS Rebel T1i is packed with features, both refined and new. In addition to its admirable performance with an all-new 15.1 Megapixel Canon CMOS sensor, DIGIC 4 Image Processor, a 3.0-inch Clear View LCD with anti-reflective and scratch resistant coating, and compatibility with the EOS System of lenses and Speedlites, the #-Link-Snipped-# adds remarkable Full HD video capture at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is well-known that for images, symmetric wavelets have some advantages, does anyone know what they are and why? And is CDF 97 a symmetric filter?
Earlier today The Business Insider reported that CNN may have acquired the massively popular CNNbrk Twitter account, which is currently in a heated race with Ashton Kutcher to attain 1...
Mysterious music man A.J. Gannon's put together this wild Rock Band guitar / Speak n' Spell hybrid for use on his upcoming album. Calling it the Speak n' Spellbinder, the...
Facebook has been pitching for a new round of funding these last few months to bridge itself to an IPO sometime in the future. We've known that since October, when...
Apple makes a lot of great products. In fact, I'd say that the percentage of products it makes that are great is higher than that of just about any other...