Decision Time For Facebook: Term Sheets Received At $2 Billion Valuation

[​IMG]Facebook has been pitching for a new round of funding these last few months to bridge itself to an IPO sometime in the future. We've known that since October, when (#-Link-Snipped-#) CFO #-Link-Snipped-#. In December CEO #-Link-Snipped-# said the company was open to #-Link-Snipped-# but only at the previous #-Link-Snipped-# valuation set by Microsoft. But we've heard more recently that the company has been pitching hard for new cash at a much reduced valuation, hoping for at least $4 billion. And some investors are biting, but not at that price. A source with knowledge of the possible transaction tells us that #-Link-Snipped-# (who are also investors in Hulu) and #-Link-Snipped-# have submitted term sheets at "around $2 billion" valuations. Will Facebook take the expensive new money from Providence or General Atlantic? #-Link-Snipped-#. They're burning as much as $20 million a month in cash and are dealing with ridiculous growth. They likely have less than two years runway left, and possibly significantly less if they continue to add new users by the tens of millions that are currently flocking there every month.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    Awww, I have to say I love my FB. Just because it's the most easiest method in which to communicate and keep in touch with all friends and acquaintances.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple makes a lot of great products. In fact, I'd say that the percentage of products it makes that are great is higher than that of just about any other...
Whether you hit forward rather than reply, let contact autocomplete steer an important email amiss, or simply forgotten to include a promised attachment, we've all made an email mistake or...
anyone know how to write the firmware for a USB uC board? using silicon lab and C8051F320-dk thanks in advance!
Hi all, Please explain this strange behavior to me. It's a simple program. #include main() { float a=1.5; if(a==1.5) printf("Equal"); else printf("Not Equal"); } Output I got was "Equal". Now,...
"CAT to go online from November 2009" - Is this for sure? Then they better follow GMAT format. Half CAT + Half GMAT = Total anarchy. 😕