Fingerprint Sensor Project

SO, here we are graduation time and we need to get our FYP complete just in time..
well, here's my idea i'd like to use fingerprint technology to give access to a car instead having the need to use a key.

the layout of the system would consist of;
LCD display/touch screen - used to program the fingerprint sensor; scan a new fingerprint, delete an old fingerprint, add another fingerprint to memory. so the the screen will have these options and you just touch it to choose it.
Fingerprint sensor - will be used to scan, or test the fingerprint.

now, what i'm currently trying to figure out is which microprocessor to use...
should i use a PIC but would it have enough RAM/ROM for the process of storing the fingerprint/s aswell as the intializations, aswell as the lcd and touch screen set up..
or should i use ARM, now i havent learned much ARM in school so alot of outside research would be needed for that. Also the fingerprint sensor would be connect via SPI, and i'm not 100% sure how i will go about connecting the LCD display/touch screen..maybe USB...

any suggestions would be appreciated, and a qeustion would be how much RAM do you think i would need and should i go about using DRAM/SRAM/Flash?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I just need some help with a question. It is as follows. By Kirchoff’s Law: E = VR + vd E = I×R + vd The voltage across the...
CISCO have come up with this idea. let them know your expertise in network security by writing stirps of comix to enter: Cisco Security - The Realm
HI there, I am a final year electronics student. I am studying part time and working full time so my time is very precious. I'm looking for ideas for a...
Experience : 5-10 yrs Company name : Infokall Enterprises Solutions Pvt Ltd Location : Gurgaon, Kolkata Education : MCA, B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech/MS Industry Type : IT/Software Skills : SAP,SAP HR To...
Hi fellow crazy engineers! First time poster here so be gentle 😀 For a project at University I have been tasked with creating a device that generates a straight line,...