Straight Line Linkage Application

Hi fellow crazy engineers!

First time poster here so be gentle 😀

For a project at University I have been tasked with creating a device that generates a straight line, or moverment in a straight line and building a prototype for an application of my choice.

As I have to make a prototype some kind of mechanical linkage seems to be the best solution (i.e. some modifaction of Peaucellier-Lipkin Linkage) I am, however, struggling to come up with any applications to design the actuall device for. My only real ideas so far have been an alternat mechanism for winding a car window or alternative moverment for windscreen wipers.

I was wonding if anyone could help inspire me

Replies

• juma1987
    juma1987
    If u need easy software to simulate it u can try downloading SAM42, i found it very useful for basic mechanisms
  • benshaw
    benshaw
    juma1987
    If u need easy software to simulate it u can try downloading SAM42, i found it very useful for basic mechanisms
    A link would be useful, i googled it and only found users to various websites called sam42.

Any ideas on an application would be very appreciatted
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    Here it go: #-Link-Snipped-#

The only problem is that it doesnt work with 64bit OS ;-)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi ceans, I was having two o.s installed windows 7 & windows xp sp3 at that time i was getting o.s selection menu at start time. But now i have...
Dear All It is basically a question that was asked in my interview of Indian Navy, and I want to share with you all. But I did not got a...
Has anyone worked on online hospital management or online medical help kind of project can anyone throw some light on the key modules and most important points to be considered?...
Question: How many times can you subtract 5 from 25? Your 5 seconds start NOW! Post your reply below 😛
Technology Robotix Society invites all robot enthusiasts to ROBOTiX2010 ROBOTiX is Asia's largest college level robotics fest held in IIT Kharagpur during its mega techno management fest Kshitij from 28th-31st...