File transfer using wi-fi similar to bluetooth file transfer

I need to create an application which can transfer files using wi-fi connection (something very similar to bluetooth file transfer).
We know that wi-fi is used to connect to a network (basically internet), other than this I want to create an application, which when installed in two wi-fi enabled PCs (or PC and phone) can help file sharing.
Help me with the basic idea as to how to start the project.
Please help me with the source code links (in any coding language--java, c++, vb,etc)
Any kind of help regarding this project will be appreciated.

Replies

• naughtydude
    naughtydude
    your answer is below as follows.

first go to your "network sharing centre"

then, "setup a new network or connection"

then, "set a wireless or hoc(computer-to-computer) network.

then, next

then, provide a name for your network. that's it.

now, in the wireless range of your laptop, another computer can connect at your network by providing your security key.

remember the security key must be 9 character long for our goodness.

just try it

thank you.
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    hey you can transfer file through wi-fi using software ip messenger...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am confussed about my project on telecommunication please tell me where the proper matter is available.😕
Hello CE people!! Im Avni doing electrical and electronics engineering.... have loved the forum... its greatly helpful.. most of it helps in searching the site only...!! I dint have to...
why input current decreases on increasing input voltage in common collector bipolar junction transistor ?
Q1.In a DEMOSFET ,for a fixed positive Vgs on increasing the Vds why a saturation stage is achieved ?
St.Ann's college of engineering & technology chirala, Prakasm district, is conducting 6th national level techinal symposium "ERION-2010" dated on feb-25&26 of 2010 . All the tech graduates are invited for...