File attachment in gmail not working

I have been trying to attach a file in my gmail account but its not done. Infact the pop up window also does not open. I tried it from 3 other gmail accounts also but there also the file could not be attached.
Plz check ur gmail and try to attach a file, does the same problem prevail with you also?
If yes, then what could be the solution?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    sweet_honey
    I have been trying to attach a file in my gmail account but its not done. Infact the pop up window also does not open. I tried it from 3 other gmail accounts also but there also the file could not be attached.
    Plz check ur gmail and try to attach a file, does the same problem prevail with you also?
    What is the size of your file? With Gmail, you can send and receive messages up to 25 megabytes (MB) in size. Please note that you may not be able to send larger attachments to contacts who use other email services with smaller attachment limits.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    sweet_honey
    I guess you are attaching .exe files. Gmail doesnt allow you to send .exe files.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The problem doesn't seem to me with the type of attachment (of course .exe is not allowed); but maybe with the browser itself. Could you try opening your gmail from a different computer; or say a different browser on your computer?
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    #-Link-Snipped-# no my file is not exceeding the limit. Its 75 kb only.

#-Link-Snipped-# the same problem is with other browser also.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sweet_honey
    #-Link-Snipped-# no my file is not exceeding the limit. Its 75 kb only.

#-Link-Snipped-# the same problem is with other browser also.
    Did you check with other computer. ?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Clear your cache. I am sure it'll solve the problem.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    [Prototype]
    +
    if you are running latest Firefox/Chrome , try drag n drop file on attach link.
    It should work
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Prototype]
    I thought that at first; but it seems that the problem is reoccurring even with other browsers. I think that solution is worth trying.

#-Link-Snipped-# : Try clearing your browser cache. If you can tell which browser you're using someone can provide you with the exact place where you can do so.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    I didn't try at other computer. I was trying it in my laptop.
    I am using chrome and let me try to clear the cache.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Clearing the cache should help. If you experience the same error then it's possible that there's something's incorrect with your Gmail account. But as far as I know, Gmail does not apply rules account by account.

If clearing cache works, please let us know so that we will know what was causing the error and what really fixed it.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Its still not working...๐Ÿ˜”
    I've emptied the cache...
    When I'm clicking on the option 'attach file' no window opens for attachment..!!!
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    The_Big_K
    it's possible that there's something's incorrect with your Gmail account.
    Not only with my account. I checked it with 2 more accounts but its the same problem with that also.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sweet_honey
    Its still not working...๐Ÿ˜”
    I've emptied the cache...
    When I'm clicking on the option 'attach file' no window opens for attachment..!!!
    Did you do a complete wipeout of the cookies, cache and history? That might help. Could you describe the steps you are taking and at what step things don't work? Is there any error displayed in browser?
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    The_Big_K
    Did you do a complete wipeout of the cookies, cache and history?
    Yes I completely cleared the history from 'clear all browsing data'.
    In gmail the 'attach file' option doesn't respond to the pop up window for file attachment.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sweet_honey
    Yes I completely cleared the history from 'clear all browsing data'.
    In gmail the 'attach file' option doesn't respond to the pop up window for file attachment.
    Then that'd be a JavaScript issue. Is JavaScript turned on for your browser(s)? You could check in Chrome Settings -> Content Settings -> JavaScript.

Update: I just found out that this could be an issue related to flash. Check if Flash is installed on your computer: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    The_Big_K
    You could check in Chrome Settings -> Content Settings -> JavaScript.

Check if Flash is installed on your computer: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Flash player is installed on the computer. plz tel me from where can i get chrome settings, I am unable to find it.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    As biggie suggested, now it seems, its issue with the javascript. For the workaround, just use gmail in "basic HTML" mode and send the emails.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    sweet_honey
    Flash player is installed on the computer. plz tel me from where can i get chrome settings, I am unable to find it.
    Type about:settings in the address bar and press enter. Actually, chrome://settings/ but about:settings will work as well.

Otherwise, there's an option at right top corner, click it and you'll see settings there.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    [Prototype]
    Type about:settings in the address bar and press enter.
    I restored the default settings from there but still the problem prevails.
    Please tell me what about the javascript!! I don't know anythng about it.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    [Prototype]
    just use gmail in "basic HTML" mode and send the emails.
    Yes it worked in basic HTML...๐Ÿ‘
    Thnx a lot... My important work was getting affected because of the attachment..
    But why is this so?๐Ÿ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So it turns out to be the JavaScript error. I'd recommend uninstalling Chrome / Firefox and reinstall the latest versions. That should fix the errors. I'm on Mac and not sure whether the settings page is on the same location.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    The_Big_K
    I'd recommend uninstalling Chrome / Firefox and reinstall the latest versions.
    Thanx Big_K.
    It worked after reinstallation..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is a machine that uses a wire to cut the metals. Gears are made through this machine. I know only this much about it.. Do anyone know more about...
Name: Sanjay Bhagat *Engineering Trade:Chemical Location: Akola Maharashtra *Occupation: Working Work Experience: Production ,R&D Education *Hobbies & Interests: Traveling *Aim in life: Social worker *I joined CrazyEngineers because: To be...
Hi, All friends , My name is hinesh gohel. I have completed my Diploma (ECE) with 66%. I have just finished my b.tech (ECE), final semester exams, and waiting for...
Until now, it was not officially possible for Indian Android developers to sell their paid apps in the Google Play store. However, with a recent announcement on their blog, Google...
i am doing my B.E. mechanical engineering ....... how should we learnt the basics ? how it help to me duriing my work?